Help! Its Smoking!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't buy the lost 5 qts being in the intake. How do they propose the 5 qts got into the intake? When I pulled my intake out there was some oil in there that dripped out, but maybe a tablespoon at most. The exhaust would smoke like a chimney having 5 quarts in there. It sounds like you drove it around w/out oil in it and there is some CYA.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk / if he wanted to deceive me why even mention the oil was that low. Wld have been too easy to just refill and never mention it no?

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't see where a large volume of oil would hide in the intake. A few spoonfuls sure but quarts? The oil would pool on the back side of the intake valves immediately I would think.

View attachment 24378
I really have no idea. I can say with certainty there hasnt been a drop on the floor as i have light grey epoxy that shows everything. As ive mentioned the dash oil indicator never showed more than asking for 1 qt. I have put 500 miles on it and i have this:

Attachments

• IMG_6018.jpeg
    IMG_6018.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 6

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just realized i never updated this thread. the vacuum pump was replaced and no more smoke so far, compression and leak down tests both came back with no issues.

my tech thinks the broken vacuum pump was preventing the oil level monitor to read correctly, ie it never showed that the oil was very low, does that make sense?
The oil monitor did not work because of a tube that was separated in the oil pan. Even with the broken tube there was no notification or warning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72