How (and why) to disable passive entry

If your Land Rover (MY2010+) is equipped with passive entry, will you be disabling it now?

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean the Utah Backcountry isn't swarming with evildoers with ill intent?? I'm guessing that good old American Frontier Justice keeps people in line in that part of the country. Love it.

LOL, frankly it does... Where I live has been listed multiple times as the safest place in the country. Of the 300 metropolitan areas in the US of 100,000 people or more, statistically mine has the least crime/******/theft/probably even littering.
Combine that with the gun-loving state that it is, more than half the state is packing heat. Makes for pretty good theft deterrence. I'm sure it will get worse over time and with further growth, but it's not something that concerns me or a way that I choose to live my life.

I've spent years of my life living in third world countries with actual danger, crime and mayhem. I am not going to eliminate the major convenience of keyless entry for the remote possibility (see what I did there?) of vehicle theft. It is such a limited scenario of theft compared to all the other ways to steal a vehicle, that it seems completely pointless to me personally. But to each his/her own and their personal sense of security. I'm not saying this isn't a good thing for different locations, just not ever going to do this myself.

As a car nerd, I think it is cool to have the option and always love learning new little hacks, so thanks for posting.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the best theft deterrent is the fact that it's a D5.

LOL

I'm not about to worry about that where I live nor at work. Could it happen at a mall/restaurant/shop? I suppose, but it is far from chronic and my car is insured. And I say that knowing that my car is worth far more than the book would say, given the options and mileage/condition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72