How to turn on sound when locking doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I tried searching but just could not find the answer! I purchased a 2015 LR4 Lux a little over a month ago and I would really like to hear a sound/honk when locking the doors with the FOB. I looked in the manual with no luck so thought I'd ask you all.

Thanks in advance

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the LR4 for flashing lights to confirm the locking. In warm weather you can listen for the squeaking sound of the mirrors folding in to know it's locked.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the LR4 for flashing lights to confirm the locking. In warm weather you can listen for the squeaking sound of the mirrors folding in to know it's locked.

Haha nice

Hello everyone

I tried searching but just could not find the answer! I purchased a 2015 LR4 Lux a little over a month ago and I would really like to hear a sound/honk when locking the doors with the FOB. I looked in the manual with no luck so thought I'd ask you all.

Thanks in advance

Look in the driver side battery box. Make sure that the horn connector is still connected. I think that the only way for it to NOT function is if it is disconnected. If you're bored, you can also push the panic button and see if the horn sounds. If not, I would say it is electrical vice an actual option is turned off.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an option that you can turn on with an IID tool. Dealer may be able to do it as well.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Haha “squeaking sound”...mine squeaked so badly that it was embarrassing. I wanted to scurry with my head bowed at least halfway to the store before pressing the lock button (j/k, but close). Finally hit it with some dry lube so now all I hear is the satisfying servo whine when I lock. I was out with a photographer friend at a cars and coffee event one time. When he saw me lock and noticed the mirrors tucking in he smiled and said “Nice flex.” :)

No one asked my opinion but I prefer the double flash over a horn on any car I drive. Plus when you drive a Rover, you’re always looking back at it at least once every time you park it and walk away.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99