IIdtool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can this tool view live data with a 2010 lr4 tpms tire pressures?

or can you just turn on/off tpms?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can this tool view live data with a 2010 lr4 tpms tire pressures?

or can you just turn on/off tpms?
I am not sure about live data with TPMS (I don't think so), but you can definitely turn on and off TPMS (the 4 wheels or spare tire). It's easy, but it is a re-write to the CCF.

I have turned it on and off several times and have my spare tire off.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about live data with TPMS (I don't think so), but you can definitely turn on and off TPMS (the 4 wheels or spare tire). It's easy, but it is a re-write to the CCF.

I have turned it on and off several times and have my spare tire off.

what is re-write to CCF?

Does this tool come with a good manual?

I have a tpms issue and want to diagnose what is the problem. (wheels tpms sensor or tpms module on LR4)

Thanks,

Aaron

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing it might help you with is if the TPMS system is causing a specific fault code to register. The Gap website has a bunch of info and they are very responsive via email.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is re-write to CCF?

Does this tool come with a good manual?

I have a tpms issue and want to diagnose what is the problem. (wheels tpms sensor or tpms module on LR4)

Thanks,

Aaron
As NASDiesel said, they are extremely responsive and helpful via e-mail and phone. I actually communicated with Patrick via e-mail today with a question.

CCF = car configuration file. Some of the functions of the IIDTool require you to re-write it for the action to take place.

I would say that you could run the codes and see if something comes up. I am not sure if it will be helpful though.

Are you getting a TPMS light now?

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As NASDiesel said, they are extremely responsive and helpful via e-mail and phone. I actually communicated with Patrick via e-mail today with a question.

CCF = car configuration file. Some of the functions of the IIDTool require you to re-write it for the action to take place.

I would say that you could run the codes and see if something comes up. I am not sure if it will be helpful though.

Are you getting a TPMS light now?

Thank you. I am getting TPMS currently and have been for about two weeks. I went ahead and ordered from lucky8.com I see alot more information on overlandjournal.com website. I can at least turn off TPMS to get rid of the light and this will pay for itself the first time i use it. Maybe we can start a IIdtool thread with stuff we can manipulate on our LR4's.

Thanks for the help. I am sure I will have plenty more questions and will ask them here as well as Gapdiagnostics.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my IIDTool. I have TPMS disabled for all tires as I constantly air down for sand driving. The main use for me was EAS (Electronic Air Suspension) control.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my ARB front bumper yesterday - will do a full post with photos later (it was a BEAST to install, took 10 hours).....

Just an FYI with the IIDTool... I did NOT fit my front parking sensors, so I turned parking assist only on the rear and it still beeps for the front, which is a flat line because the sensors are zip tied to the harness containing the fog lights. I am e-mailing Patrick at GAP and will keep folks posted.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99