Imported Dutch Army 88

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I

ininkus1

What is the value in the US of an imported Dutch Army Lightweight? I have a line on a 1981 Lightweight (88) purchased from the Dutch Army and imported and registered in the USA. What is the value of a vehicle like this? For it's age it is in wonderful shape. A lot of parts have been replaced, and it runs and drives without problems. I'm guessing this is a one of a kind????

Thanks for any advice.
Richard
[email protected]

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a fair number of so-called "grey-market" Series trucks. Most of them are in the sub-$10K range, especially 88" models. For some reason 109's and 110's are the models that command the most money at sale.

You might check LRX -- they have a fair number of Series trucks for sale (although, if I'm guessing right, this is a SkyTop Rovers truck to begin with...) and it'd give you a good idea on going price. RoversNorth has an online list of Series trucks for sale as well.

Good luck!

EDIT: I think it might just be on LRX. Is it a 1980 Series III Lightweight? That is a pretty slick little truck -- Lightweights are the wierd brother of Rovers IMHO, since they are airportable and a little more "blocky" than other Series trucks. It's probably worth a little more money than a "standard" ex-military SIII, since there aren't a lot of Lightweights on the road. 22K miles is a good sign, too.

I

ininkus1

THANKS FOR THE INFO! Yes, it is in fact a lighweight, but not the one you have posted. This one is not yet technically for sale. Being that this one is legally registered and insured in the US makes it all the more valuable in my opinion.

thanks again

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72