iphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Apple lightning adapter attached to the LR cable with my iphone 5 and it works flawlessly.

Thank you Lone Star Landy. I'm glad to read that it works this way, it is the solution I was picturing.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Lone Star Landy. I'm glad to read that it works this way, it is the solution I was picturing.
Hey Axel,

I recently sent Brandon my iPod/iPhone cord that I had for my 2011 so he could use it in his 2010 and I know he has an iPhone 5, so hopefully he will see this. I just texted him to see if he found an adaptor.

I have a 4S now, but I have a 2013 so the plug is just a USB. I am planning to order the 5S next week.

-David

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Axel,

I recently sent Brandon my iPod/iPhone cord that I had for my 2011 so he could use it in his 2010 and I know he has an iPhone 5, so hopefully he will see this. I just texted him to see if he found an adaptor.

I have a 4S now, but I have a 2013 so the plug is just a USB. I am planning to order the 5S next week.

-David

Hey David,

I was asking because I tried plugging in an iPhone 5 with the iPhone supplied cord to the USB slot and got an error message.

I'm sure all will be fine with the adapter.

I wonder if LR will come up with a lightning cord it would take less space.

Thank you

Axel

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Will look into that adapter tonight when I have some more time. Axel, if you find it online before me, just text me the link!

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even plug my phone into the USB port anymore. Just my cig charger. It charges much faster and I use Bluetooth for music and phone.

lovison

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Bluetoo...100-Iphone-Ipod-Docking-Speaker-/120940475445

for all 2010 owner... pick that up... plug it into the iphone 4 cable in the truck and boom bluetooth audio!

I can tell you that I upgraded to the 5S and it did not work at all (no charging or connection) in my 2011 LR4.

Agarabaghi, I'm giving this a shot so I hope it works. My next step is going to be to look at replacing the entire in-dash system, I think it's such junk compared to all the other cars at this price point.

If anyone has recommendations on those, please send them my way!

Thanks,

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that I upgraded to the 5S and it did not work at all (no charging or connection) in my 2011 LR4.

Agarabaghi, I'm giving this a shot so I hope it works. My next step is going to be to look at replacing the entire in-dash system, I think it's such junk compared to all the other cars at this price point.

If anyone has recommendations on those, please send them my way!

Thanks,

Hey Lovison,

I just bought the iPhone 5S as we'll and it works great in my 2010.
I am using the LR iPhone cord into which I plugged the Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter. It works like a charm.

Have you tried this? Plugging directly into the USB port will not work with the iPhone.

I hope this solves your problem.

lovison

Reaction score
Hey Lovison,

I just bought the iPhone 5S as we'll and it works great in my 2010.
I am using the LR iPhone cord into which I plugged the Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter. It works like a charm.

Have you tried this? Plugging directly into the USB port will not work with the iPhone.

I hope this solves your problem.

Yup, that is what I did. It didn't work. I've had this adapter for a while though (it's from my iPad) so maybe there is an issue with it.

Still, I'm not going to buy a new one since I ordered the bluetooth adapter. Being able to stream music without being connected is one of my biggest pet-peeves with the stock audio system considering every other car seems to be able to do it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM