Is it dangerous to drive with these warnings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

The vehicle is automatically lowered “for safety.” So i’m riding LOW.

The hill descent is not available. The terrains response is unavailable.

mechanic says he things the “Clock Spring” might be broken in the steering wheel, and that his scanner says the “toe angle” is off.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You also need a better mechanic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. If you aren't going to work on it yourself, you really need to get hooked up with a competent wrench.

If your truck went in with a centered wheel to a shop and came out like that, you should be raising holy hell. That was not an insignificant event that caused your wheel to be that off-center. It is likely at least the SASM sensor causing your lights due to that angle.

When towed, did you get it flatbedded, or did Jim Bob drag it behind his wrecker? I shudder to think of what a tow truck guy could screw up.

No way in hell I would let a shop or tow guy skate on that.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

The vehicle is automatically lowered “for safety.” So i’m riding LOW.

The hill descent is not available. The terrains response is unavailable.

mechanic says he things the “Clock Spring” might be broken in the steering wheel, and that his scanner says the “toe angle” is off.

your steering angle sensor and alignment first. That will cause this kind of thing...echo other posts. Get a gap tool, a better mechanic, and alignment. Little things like sensors may make you feel like the world is crashing down...usually it’s all related and not a big deal if you have someone who knows what they are doing...

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your steering angle sensor and alignment first. That will cause this kind of thing...echo other posts. Get a gap tool, a better mechanic, and alignment. Little things like sensors may make you feel like the world is crashing down...usually it’s all related and not a big deal if you have someone who knows what they are doing...
Yeah, after all the advice, and now experiencing this first hand, i see the value of a gap tool. I will have the alignment done, and I’m not sure how to address the steering wheel issue yet.
After that, i will campaign for the gap tool as a great xmas gift for me to my fam, lol!

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after all the advice, and now experiencing this first hand, i see the value of a gap tool. I will have the alignment done, and I’m not sure how to address the steering wheel issue yet.
After that, i will campaign for the gap tool as a great xmas gift for me to my fam, lol!

gap tool...calibrates too...get it sooner rather than later. Box it up an put it under the tree if you must have something to open...

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my LCAs recently and my alignment was all kinds jacked up(I didn't mark the bolts) - camber, caster and toe were all over the place. Traction control would kick in in right hand sweeping turns when going slowly, and then id get all the warnings that you're getting now. Fixed it all with an alignment. It seems that if the alignment is too far off, it will send traction control into limp home mode, which then affects HDC and other stuff. I also noticed that it would drop to the bump stops when this happened. So long story short, you need a full alignment.

Huy Tran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's nothing the mechanic did. Same thing happened when I had the car towed on a flat bed. The wheels we're ratcheted down and pulled out of alignment enough for the car's stability control to go in limp mode. The steering wheel was at the 11 o'clock position.
Alignment made everything go away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV