Is it dangerous to drive with these warnings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this gap tool you speak of? I got the Bearmach tool 'cause I'm supposed to be able to do things like turn off the TPM lights when I put snows on there without any TPMs 'cause my buddy gave me rims/studded Nokias on beemer rims, and you can release the parking brake etc.

Gap Diagnostics IID. It’s basically the same diagnostic programs and capabilities the dealership has in a obdII reader that fits in the glovebox and connects via Bluetooth to an iPhone or Android. May be the handiest piece of equipment I own.

wojtekd

Reaction score
Gap Diagnostics IID. It’s basically the same diagnostic programs and capabilities the dealership has in a obdII reader that fits in the glovebox and connects via Bluetooth to an iPhone or Android. May be the handiest piece of equipment I own.
Your battery may need changing

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this gap tool you speak of? I got the Bearmach tool 'cause I'm supposed to be able to do things like turn off the TPM lights when I put snows on there without any TPMs 'cause my buddy gave me rims/studded Nokias on beemer rims, and you can release the parking brake etc.

How did you manage to put motorcycle rims on such a heavy vehicle as a LR?

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry typed in above by some unknown reason.

Had to ask, how did you manage to put motorcycle rims on such a heavy vehicle as a LR?
.....~~=o&o>.....

CJ O

Reaction score
It appears you have resolved the issue, but this was one of those worst alignment issues I’ve seen. I read the thread and saw this asked but not answered:
Did the tower put your vehicle on a flatbed? Or did they tow it with all 4 of your Land Rover’s tires touching the ground?

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears you have resolved the issue, but this was one of those worst alignment issues I’ve seen. I read the thread and saw this asked but not answered:
Did the tower put your vehicle on a flatbed? Or did they tow it with all 4 of your Land Rover’s tires touching the ground?
I was working a job in Arkansas while the vehicle was in Houston with my wife. The issues it had the required it to be taken to a repair shop occurred while she was driving it. As a result, the vehicle was towed from that repair shop to another, and I was nowhere in the area, so I have no idea how it was towed, and my wife says she doesn’t remember because she didn’t think to look at that sort of thing at the time. I don’t blame her. She was nervous that the truck “broke” while under her watch, although it wasn’t her fault at all. In any case, I don’t know how the truck was attached to the tower. Wish I did.
I WILL say that getting the alignment done fixed everything. And doing it through Firestone has been a wonderful experience. Not to mention, I can now get free alignments for life on the vehicle. I just had it aligned a second time yesterday after popping on a nee set of tires. Didn’t have to pay for it and their employees were super pleasant.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t have the time to read the whole thread (which I’ve just noticed) but I’d be super worried. We had a major suspension issue after precisely such a series of warnings (after some work had been done incorrectly on the suspension).

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's nothing the mechanic did. Same thing happened when I had the car towed on a flat bed. The wheels we're ratcheted down and pulled out of alignment enough for the car's stability control to go in limp mode. The steering wheel was at the 11 o'clock position.
Alignment made everything go away.

Old thread, had to ask about the LR4 having all the faults mentioned after being towed, rather rachet strap tied down.

Rachet strapped down on a full off the road tow this placing the suspension out of the sensor's normal operating range causing alignment issue warnings to appear?
Does rachet strapping down a LR4 end up bending up the suspension linkage now all out of alignment after released from the rachet straps causing the issue?

Reason asking a block away neighbor last weekend with a LR4 returned home from the snow packed mountains and went through several deep snow drifts and now has suspension fault warning issues. I asked "did you hit anything?" No just driving in snow their reply.
They drove it home slowly without issues. What ya gonna do 10:30 PM on a sunday night in stormy weather anyway?
It's not a daily driver vehicle. I told him to park it and find more about these issues before spending money wildly at alignment or dealership shops.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wonder about the "just driving along' claims.

I have seen too many inexperienced drivers get in a 4wd and for some reason think they are in a tank and proceed to beat the devil out of them.

In your neighbors case, without knowing the codes it's throwing, I would start by checking the 4 wheel height sensors and the associated electrical connectors. I could see potential issues there if running through a foot or two of snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72