Items to check before 100K warranty expires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to hear this!! Do you know if he ran a code scan?
Yeah, he checks to see there are no codes.

I think the dealer computer picks up more things, though, and I need to go there if I wanted any firmware updates. Hopefully, those have already been checked on subsequent visits.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toddjb122 which company did you use for your warranty?
CARMAX Warranty. I have had very good luck with it and they always authorized OEM parts for all repairs. One of the other main warranty companies only sends after market parts, which I have heard multiple service advisors complain about.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm at 99,700 with a road trip coming up this week that'll send me over 100K quickly.

I'm still laboring over the decision to maybe have a dealer look it over. As noted, my independent mechanic said all is good. The only thing I notice is my clock spring whine.

My only reservation is that my independent mechanic is too honest. The dealer seems much better at finding work for themselves! :) I think this is because they have frequent relationships with the warranty companies and the staff to chase them down. So they always seem to find something.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they always seem to find something.

I feel the same way about our favorite indy and would be happy to trust his judgement and go into the road trip with 100% peace of mind. However, if you're harboring these reservations, you might as well hit the dealership and not give yourself any reason to regret it IF something should go wrong. Of course, the dealership could give you a clean bill of health and something could STILL go wrong through no fault of theirs. So it comes down to what will make you feel that you've done your due diligence. My .02!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way about our favorite indy and would be happy to trust his judgement and go into the road trip with 100% peace of mind. However, if you're harboring these reservations, you might as well hit the dealership...
I went! I emailed Tyson’s and they said to bring it by this afternoon, that they just needed an hour to look it over. I didn’t ask any questions, just figured if they found something we’d deal with it and if they didn’t I’d get a charge for the visit. Which I’d have been fine with.

Well, they looked it all over, found nothing and my bill was $8 for a bulb they found to be out. I’ve owned a Landrover for 14 years and have never walked out with such a low tab. That’s a good dealership. It’ll be my first stop if it’s ever something our local Indy can’t handle.

I’ve done all I can. Let’s just hope the LR Gods are kind to me as I roll it past 100 this week.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went! I emailed Tyson’s and they said to bring it by this afternoon, that they just needed an hour to look it over. I didn’t ask any questions, just figured if they found something we’d deal with it and if they didn’t I’d get a charge for the visit. Which I’d have been fine with.

Well, they looked it all over, found nothing and my bill was $8 for a bulb they found to be out. I’ve owned a Landrover for 14 years and have never walked out with such a low tab. That’s a good dealership. It’ll be my first stop if it’s ever something our local Indy can’t handle.

I’ve done all I can. Let’s just hope the LR Gods are kind to me as I roll it past 100 this week.

That’s great to hear and I’m glad they continue to earn your trust. Next time I’m in there I will let them know that people I have sent here have been very happy (might as well leverage things!). Safe travels!!

armozo

Reaction score
I would have the mechanic check your electronically controlled fan clutch. In cold morning you should hear a clicking noise coming from if it is broken. I replaced mine myself at 93k miles.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut