Jacking the LR3 with RS Sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Rover Specialties sliders, slim option. There's nothing wrong with the sliders, it was just a really ******* place for me to put the jack. I'll try to send a picture of it later and you'll see. I still have full confidence that no rock or other obstacle would be able to bend the these things much. Nwoods- I didnt realize the the truck can be jacked from the standoff rails.

Kenjengrif

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These pics confirm I that I put the jack in the worst possible place. I meant to set the jack right under the frame. But being in a hurry, I set the jack just outside the frame rail where the weight was on the that tab part of the slider. Luckily I saw what was happening and re-set the jack. Not a big deal, just not a good place to put a jack.

Attachments

• Slider bend.JPG
    Slider bend.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Slider bend 2.JPG
    Slider bend 2.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 99

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured on putting the jack under the rail.

I will post pics with MT/Rs in about 3 weeks...that's my next planned offroad trip.

Thanks all for the congratulatory remarks!

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK now I understand. Like said in previous posts, a sturdy piece of wood between
the jack and sliders will prevent that in the future.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my apologies...I had them installed at Biggs Eastside Automotive in Bellevue, WA. They are an independent shop specializing in Land Rover service. They did a great job.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SWEET . . . . which version?
Did you get compresor mod mounts?

Just mounted a sump guard . . . I think I have started down the path of the darkside (rockside?). . .

HOW DOES IT FEEL??????????????????????

3 weeks for pics???

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houm, congrats on the new sliders, let the fun begin!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, I got the Option 2 sliders. I like the stand-off tubes and wanted them to stick out more than the slims did. Rock protection is important....but so is protection against an errand Toyota Carolla door! I haven't done any testing yet but I hope those lower doors will hit the slider first and not by door panel. That was the case with the running boards, which one reason I wanted to keep them for so long.

Anyhow, I don't think the car "feels" any different, except at lower speeds there are some different vibrations and tones you can feel and hear respectively...if you're in tune with your LR3. I say it that way because some people post not being able to feel the difference between Sport mode and normal; those folks would not feel any vibrational deltas.

I could take pics but you've seen 'em all before. In 3 weeks I go off-road so that's when it'll be all hopped up with the rod-mod installed and the MT/Rs on. Trust me...it'll be better that way! You think YOU'RE anxious?...how do you think I feel?!?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge