L319 vs. L462...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that platform is really old...and the recent “facelift” is horrible.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that platform is really old...and the recent “facelift” is horrible.

Earlier versions were better when it looked like a gussied-up version of a Land Cruiser, but even then didn't appeal to me. Don't they call the new one "Predator Face"?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Earlier versions were better when it looked like a gussied-up version of a Land Cruiser, but even then didn't appeal to me. Don't they call the new one "Predator Face"?

To be accurate, GX are based on 4Runner not Land Cruiser. Despite ugly nose, GX and LX are actually a great choice for someone wanting the capability and simple no fuss reliability.
Sight lines though i agree. Even LC/LX aren’t nearly as good as LR3/4 RR

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be accurate, GX are based on 4Runner not Land Cruiser. Despite ugly nose, GX and LX are actually a great choice for someone wanting the capability and simple no fuss reliability.
Sight lines though i agree. Even LC/LX aren’t nearly as good as LR3/4 RR

If you want to get super technical [pushes up glasses with index finger], both the 4Runner and GX are based on the Land Cruiser Prado, which is a lower-level Land Cruiser model in foreign markets.

But I have no idea what the hell Toyota is doing in their design department. I can't imagine what sort of market dominance they would have if they could design a Land Cruiser to look like a Range Rover.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to get super technical [pushes up glasses with index finger], both the 4Runner and GX are based on the Land Cruiser Prado, which is a lower-level Land Cruiser model in foreign markets.

But I have no idea what the hell Toyota is doing in their design department. I can't imagine what sort of market dominance they would have if they could design a Land Cruiser to look like a Range Rover.

Ha. Add a 3rd row to the taco and put a lid on it. Boom. Call it the Tacoma Rover.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Lexus version of the Land Cruiser (LX570) is so aggressively styled that it comical. It looks like it should break the sound barrier but designed to rock crawl. Contradictory or paradoxical I dont know but this is absurd as someone wearing an entire football uniform with cleats and all to go see an opera. It just looks so out of place and preposterous. This is why I think the RRSC does so well... It doesn't look out of place in Town or in the Country and hauls on the highway.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I didn't expect the hostility towards Lexus lol. The front on the GX is not pretty for sure but the worldwide aftermarket support is huge. That front fascia can be transformed easily with an offroad bumper/winch setup. The GX also still has that sweet V8. Add in the quality scores that Land Rover can only dream of and it is not that crazy . That being said the swing tailgate kills it for me.

If I go the Lexus route it will more than likely be the Toyota route, as in Land Cruiser. A little tricky since Toyota has not sold Land Cruisers up here for a long long time (except in the mining industry). Again they have there pluses and minus and I really dig the conservative Land Cruiser look.

The other route is another newer LR4 but the running boards kind of **** it. The upgrade kits for the SCV6 sound intriguing so that may put the issue with the loss of power (coming from the V8) to bed.

I saw a new D5 today out in the wild. Definitely not going that route.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I didn't expect the hostility towards Lexus lol. The front on the GX is not pretty for sure but the worldwide aftermarket support is huge. That front fascia can be transformed easily with an offroad bumper/winch setup. The GX also still has that sweet V8. Add in the quality scores that Land Rover can only dream of and it is not that crazy . That being said the swing tailgate kills it for me.

If I go the Lexus route it will more than likely be the Toyota route, as in Land Cruiser. A little tricky since Toyota has not sold Land Cruisers up here for a long long time (except in the mining industry). Again they have there pluses and minus and I really dig the conservative Land Cruiser look.

The other route is another newer LR4 but the running boards kind of **** it. The upgrade kits for the SCV6 sound intriguing so that may put the issue with the loss of power (coming from the V8) to bed.

I saw a new D5 today out in the wild. Definitely not going that route.

What are you trying to say about loss of power? I’d prefer the lr4 V8 over the v6sc.

Lr4 running boards can be easily removed. It’s crazy to consider that in the equation ;)

But if I were starting over, I’d have a hard time not trying a LC instead anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72