Leaking air spring replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please tell me you made a video. What driving characteristics do you like about them?
I'm in the process of editing.

The ride is much more fluid, it's hard to describe, but it doesn't crash over the *** holes anywhere near as much, braking etc will be slightly improved without the noticeable body dip when you push the pedal, cornering as well will be slightly improved. However how much is in the eye of the beholder, or driver.

The original front left was very worn right hand side not so much. The rears were in expected shape as well bth sides after 75K miles.

I used the Bilstein B4 shocks.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2

I've only heard that people are not a fan of the ride. They're Bilstein 4600 (yellow) shocks.
The (black) B4 are the replacement to oem+ spec, gas filled as opposed to fluid (I think). The yellow ones are uprated and quite a bit former, im not surprised they didn't like the ride.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they are, the design is different inside once you open them up.
Hmm. Maybe I'm thinking of the Arnott struts. When I get home I'll have a look at the new Arnotts I have sitting around waiting to be put in.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve a spare rear shock I’ll get a pic of for you.

Also don’t forget that there’s a bush at the bottom of the shock where it’s bolted to the control arm. These get tired as well….

Attachments

• 3256E9C0-5AA2-4B0F-B5E7-B804ED11B9E9.jpeg
    3256E9C0-5AA2-4B0F-B5E7-B804ED11B9E9.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn I saw Bilstein stamped somewhere on the shock body of either the OEM or the Arnott strut assembly, but I just checked both and don't see it anywhere. Must have been my imagination.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn I saw Bilstein stamped somewhere on the shock body of either the OEM or the Arnott strut assembly, but I just checked both and don't see it anywhere. Must have been my imagination.
OEM is Dunlop airbag and Delphi shock IIRC

Last edited:

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The (black) B4 are the replacement to oem+ spec, gas filled as opposed to fluid (I think). The yellow ones are uprated and quite a bit former, im not surprised they didn't like the ride.
Oh dang, didn’t know they made a B4 for our trucks! I’ll def pick these up when mine is ready.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at my OEM fronts (I kept them for some reason), and they were Firestone airbag and BWI branded overall (which I think may be related to Delphi).

The airbag on the Arnotts is Continental.

Joe77

Reaction score
1/4" push connect union did the trick to repair the damaged air line. Quick and easy and air tight. When I have time I may revisit and replace the line but for now I'm pretty confident it'll work.

Attachments

• 20220615_194804.jpg
    20220615_194804.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA