Led running lights on LR4 2011 HSE LUX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sbmargo

Reaction score
Just bought yesterday. How do I run just the led's during the day? I'd like them for safety.

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my 2011 HSE-Lux the LED's are ON as long as lights are set to "auto" and vehicle is in 'drive'.

Of course you can't see this when you're behind the wheel, only when pulling up to a reflective surface, or when someone else is driving.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what i researched. the leds around the headlights cannot be turned on by themselves. They will turn on with parking and/or headlights turned on. I have a 2010 and mine only come on with the lights turned on.

AceRider

Reaction score
i just dropped off for service and asked about running lights for a 2012 model and they said they cannot activate daytime running lights.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can turn on ONLY the LEDs manually each time by turning the light knob ONE (1) click to the right.

I do this all the time, it lights up the LEDs only (not the low beams), some side lights in the head light, and a few of the rear LEDs tail lights.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just dropped off for service and asked about running lights for a 2012 model and they said they cannot activate daytime running lights.
Really? I thought they could activate the lights, but the low beams and LEDS, NOT just the LEDS? I think a lot of people would like only the LEDs as DRLs.

If you want that (I do it all the time), then you need to do it manually everytime you drive.

-David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I heard that story from some other dealers before, due to liability reasons they can't / won't turn on DRLs in countries where they are not mandatory, and vice versa. If the dealer won't do it, an indy shop equipped with compatible diagnostics can turn them on for a nominal fee.

Anyway, if your goal is to have only the side / parking lamps (the LEDs surrounding the headlights) on while you drive, as David mentioned above the cheapest option is to manually flip the switch to position lights mode every time you drive - and remember to turn them off when you park, or you'll deplete your battery. Regardless of mode (Canadian or Scandinavian), in the LR4 DRLs only operate with the low beams at full intensity.

AceRider

Reaction score
I'm going to look at this when I get my car back tomorrow. But when I flip one click right, I get LEDs AND main lamps on (not high beams, but the low beam lights which are surrounded by the LEDs. I'll look again.

What year/model are you referencing, David?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to look at this when I get my car back tomorrow. But when I flip one click right, I get LEDs AND main lamps on (not high beams, but the low beam lights which are surrounded by the LEDs. I'll look again.

What year/model are you referencing, David?
Hey AceRider,

I have a 2011, but I know it works with 2012 and 2013 models as well. That is weird that your low beams come on when you do the one click to the right on the light knob. I know the low beams come on when you do two clicks to the right, or if they are on AUTO and it is dark outside. As umbertob confirmed above, one click to the right should only illuminate the LED accent lights surrounding the headlights and the side/parking lights. The low beams (what you call the main lamps) should NOT be on in that particular mode/position.

Here is a schematic, even thought it says "side lamps", it also turns on the LED signature lights (position #2 here):

C1-47194277B250-12438-00000BA7F8D5DE60_zps686ac07d.jpg

Give it another try and let me know if it works.

Regards, David

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and remember to turn them off when you park, or you'll deplete your battery

Since I tend to flip the LEDs on when I drive during the day (position 2 on the light knob, according to the manual), it has become almost habit to shut them off before I turn off the engine.

Luckily, the truck ding dings when you open the door and gives a warning on the LED display if you forget to turn off the lights. :cool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90