Load Space Protectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the pros and cons of the rigid (EBF500010) vs the rubber mat LR006401. Definitly want to corral possible spills.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the pros and cons of the rigid (EBF500010) vs the rubber mat LR006401. Definitly want to corral possible spills.

The rubber mat has no raised edges so past basic damp/wet gear you may have some issues with it spilling over the sides. We went with the flexible one since it will still easily roll up and allow for access to the 3rd row.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the flat one (and love it), but it so thick I can barely roll it into a taco shell. It's very heavy duty and looks great to boot.

Derman

Reaction score
I bought an aftermarket carpet mat. A Lloyd's mat from matdepot.com. It matches the carpet perfectly and is cut to fit - better than anticipated, in fact.

It has a rubber backing, so it's relatively waterproof. For $120 and with two kids, I thought it would try this one first. It rolls up good enough.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the big solid one with a lip. I can tell you that I have loved having it for carrying loose/messy things. Salt bags. Even mulch and wood chip bags. If you have a mess, spill, sand, anything, you can just drag it out (and it stays flat) and dump the crap off, or hose it down. Fits well with the cargo barrier and other accessories.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One online dealer is saying the rigid one, EBF500010,
comes to them folded in half with a permanent crease resulting. Could I avoid this by ordering locally?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the flat one (and love it), but it so thick I can barely roll it into a taco shell. It's very heavy duty and looks great to boot.

Yea, I really have to give it to LR; They made this thing as durable as it gets! Sure you can find cheaper alternatives from the 3rd party manufacturers on the net, but not all mats are designed equal!! The LR mat is very very thick and heavy. A quality product that I highly recommend.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have the flat rubber mat, I really purchased it more for protection of the carpeted surface and for keeping things from shifting and sliding around (I have a couple toolboxes and other heavy stuff back there most of the times), although you'll be surprised at how much water fits between those ribbed edges as well. I carry commercial coffee and espresso brewing equipment on it at times for work reasons, and any leaks and spills from those suckers are usually confined to the mat. I agree, the mat is very heavy duty and high quality, it still looks great after 2+ years of abuse. I also cut out the "templates" for the D rings on mine, as I need easy access to those to tie stuff down when I go off-road. I guess that would somewhat reduce the effectiveness of the rigid mat with raised edges in containing large spills for me.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my LR4 on Saturday and the first thing I did was to replace the first and second row carpets with WeatherTech "Floor Liners". I also ordered the cargo liner (part no. 40288) which I have not yet used because the dealer gave me the LR006401, which does seem pretty nice. I will probably wait until wintertime to switch it out as it had a good size lip and is still quite flexible. It actually comes rolled up in a ~8" x 8" x 48" box and as soon as I unrolled it, there was no evidence of creasing.

I would check out the 40288 if you are interested in spill protection (there is a good-sized lip all around) AND would still like to be able to roll it up. I have been using their products for many years (had them in my first car...1992 Explorer!) and have always found them to be high quality items.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to buy the mat with the raised lip at first, but then I thought about it and realized that I would need to cut out the holes for the tie downs anyway. Plus, I find myself making many trips to Home Depot where I need to fold the second row seats flat. If I were to do that with the raised lip mat, then I wouldn't have a flat floor due to the raised lip of the mat between the second and third row seats. :p

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM