Lower Control Arm ball-joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigZ

Reaction score
I replaced my upper and lower arms last summer. Lucky8 with the orange bushings. I recommend planning on cutting (grinder) the arms off. You'll save hours. I know saving bucks is important but wrestling with those bolts for hours is a gamble anyway. I cut the arms then the bolt itself. Cuts off in literally minutes.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The USA vendors which carried the Meyle HD LCA's are currently showing OOS / temporarily unavailable. You'd have to contact them and ask if/when they expect to get them back in stock. Links below, had been ~$150/each:

https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/MY-LR073369

https://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/LR073369-MFG1155.aspx

Disclaimer: Normally, I do not touch Meyle products even with an 11-foot pole. However, some of their "HD" line is perfectly cromulent. If it's not Meyle HD, don't use it. I also would not use Eurospare brand LCA's but that's just me. I would consider Lemforder if I was going to gamble with non-OE/dealer parts; it looks like Lemforder might possibly be OEM and made in UK, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Whatever you do... buying based on lowest price is not a good idea for critical components which are difficult and time-consuming to replace.

:2in1:

maxx4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pressed out the upper ball joints a month or two ago (using the O'Reilley's ball joint press and some elbo grease - note that this one doesn't have the perfect cups sized for reinstall so I had to use a deep socket from my toolbox for re-install opposed to the rental tools provided one...may not be an issue for the bottoms but bring your new ball joint with you and make sure the cup sizes fit)...but for the lowers I replaced the whole arm as those bushings are probably toast unless they're poly bushes...
another tip..make sure to pre-soak those old joints with some good penetrating oil at least a day ahead (I did mine a week ahead and again 24 hrs before hand and they came out pretty smoothly)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV