LR3 Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottlr3

Reaction score
While looking for a battery replqacement for a 2005 LR3 I found that the Interstae is the replacement. I called a few LR dealers to compare prices. I found it interesting that about half the dealers say it calls for a MTP-H8 while half called for a MTP-H7. Will either of these actually work in the vehicle? Any recommendations? Any issues in replacing the battery myself? Thanks.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've replaced a battery on any other car then you can do it on this one, too. I honestly don't remember the battery spec but I THINK it was the H8.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both will fit. The H8 is about 1.5" longer and a few pounds heavier than the stock H7 OEM Varta battery these cars come equipped with, but both batteries fit perfectly and without modifications in the well. I'd go with the H8 because of the marginally better CA, CCA and reserve capacity numbers over the smaller H7. With these cars, every bit of extra juice helps.

PS: Replacement is easy, but these suckers are heavy to lift in and out of the engine bay. Make sure you wait a good 3-4 minutes before disconnecting the leads to insure all electronic modules go to "sleep" first. Remove the black/negative lead first when you remove the old battery and connect it last when hooking up the new one. Interestates are easy to find from a variety of stores - I purchased my MTP-H8 from a local Firestone tire shop for $150 or so- cheaper than the dealer - but that was 3 years ago and I don't know what they charge for those babies these days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4