LR3 Owner's Thoughts so Far...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jbernau

Troyhouse- I agree with your assessment of the dash. It's a little plain. However, there is an easy (but expensive) solution to drastically improve the looks of the dash. I had the dealer add the wood kit to my LR3 before I brought it home. It definitely does not appear to be a cheap add on. It is exactly what should be included on all models. Frankly, I am surprised it is not even part of the HSE package.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

backpain

I got my Zambezi Silver with black interior, cold climate, lighting, rear controls, PDC, and some other things that are escaping my melon. Added Parrot's bluetooth, DVD entertainment, Angeltrax NAV and XM.

Prob #1 - Drove the truck for a day and had it back in the shop for radio problems, 4 days later after the dealer recommended audio shop and the service guys finished arguing they found a factory screw through the factory wiring harness shorting out the FM modulater and preamp.

Prob #2 - The other day, in the snow, the intermittent wipers upgraded themselves to sporadic-multispeed wipers that would, with each wipe, decide their own speed from really long to super fast.

Other than some annoyances, the sunroof shades that rattle, and the stupid seats in the SE ($45k should get you fully adjustable seats!) I'm really happy with it. I have to admit that my fiancee's Disco2 SE7 is more fun to drive and has a bit more character from the drivers seat, I can't argue with with the smooth power and quiet cabin at highway speeds. The snow and ice is a breeze, much better than my Audi A4 (of course the y-rated tires on the Ultrasport pkg didn't exactly work well in the cold) and similar to my old Subaru Legacy GTL I had.

I moved two houses and was very pleased with the cargo space and ease of packing. Seat conversion is nice and the kids love the 3rd row. I love the utilitarian minimalism and the rubber floor mats are a must. The only things I would like LR to have change on the SE would be the seats (fully adjustable and a little more supportive), better software (why can I control options I don't have?), the AUX port up front and an actual iPod dock (and filter the damn engine noise). We're enjoying it a lot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9