LR3 Owner's Thoughts so Far...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

KTMLC8

Jim, my local dealer wants to charge two full days for the install of the winch setup. At $95 an hour. What made this install so difficult ? I have seen for example the Warn winch / bumper setup for an H2 installed at home in a long afternoon. I plan on putting this winch setup on my LR3 but I have a tuff time paying the labor charge for something I can do myself. Of course the dealer install is warrantied should something go bad. I plan on getting the expidition roof rack as well. Any experience with installing that as well ?

J

jblanco

Nomad's Opinion

Nomad,

I have an order in on an LR3 and wanted to know your opinion on some options.

1. Rear climate control. Is it worth the extra $950? I frequently have back seat passengers and was wondering if climate is pretty equal throughout the vehicle without the rear climate control.
2. Do you know anything about the cooler box?

Q

quietcoolone

Jim,
Did you consider using the auxiliary input jack instead of the FM modulator for your Satellite Radio? Most Satellite Radio receiver will have a mini jack plug suitable for the LR3 input jack behind the console.

L

luvmylr3

notebook audio through AUX sounded pretty good

Just to test the AUX input, I ran my VAIO audio through the AUX input and it sounded very good on the LR3 SE speaker system. Good stereo separation and fidelity. Played a DVD on the notebook and listened to the audio through the speaker system.

F

fbaer

You have the front parking distance control? Hmmm did you have to do something to activate it? I have an HSE and I dont believe i have that.

F

fbaer

I liked the Bonatti Grey, the one i almost bought had a black interior, but I liked the Tonga Green a bit better, then, I lucked out, and a green HSE came available so they offered it to me 1st! I love it!

T

troyhouse

A few observations after 4000 miles comparing my 2002 Disco and my New Bonetti Grey LR3.
Looks...Hate to say, like the disco. This car has no personality. To techie-yuppie
Driving-No comparison, LR3
Engine-Ditto
In fact, there is no comparison but a few minor complaints.
1 Cloth visor-no problem for the doctors who buy this car but for the people who work for a living, cloth gets too dirty
2 Hate the rain sensor windsheild wipers. Was in a ice storm and they wouldn't slow down.
3 Hate the look of the rear of the truck.
4 Love the aux plug in....but why in the back seat?
5 Why is the weather Band gone from the radio?????
6 Trailer hitch is absolutely insane(did this really need redesigned?) And where do I buy the wiring for $12 and where does it plug in to?
7 Rear sunroof doesn't open
8 ugly instrument panel
Great improvements
1 Everything about the back seat...room, windows go down, fold flat.
2 Amazing GPS
3 Xenon headlights....AMAZING!!!
4 Great stereo
All in all I love it, I just feel it looks too hi tech looking, not classic enough. BMW started it and ford are carrying on. It's becoming more Feminine. Oh well, evolution.

O

Outrageous

troyhouse said:
2 Hate the rain sensor windsheild wipers. Was in a ice storm and they wouldn't slow down.

5 Why is the weather Band gone from the radio?

6 Trailer hitch is absolutely insane(did this really need redesigned?)

2. Can't you turn off the rain sensor function?
5. Are you sure there isn't a separate frequency band?
6. Why don't you like the hitch?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
KTMLC8 said:
What made this install so difficult ? I have seen for example the Warn winch / bumper setup for an H2 installed at home in a long afternoon. Any experience with installing that as well ?

I seen a winch getting installed at my local LR dealer, the mechanic had to cut the Bumper, cut the bumper mount, run all new wires to the winch, and I believe he had to install a frame cross member... They way he talked it was not just a plug and play job.

Hope this helps,

F

fbaer

My HSE (Tonga Green / Alpaca) was 1 month old yesterday, and hit 1,000 miles today and I am delighted so far. We had our first big snow of the year here (Minneapolis) and the terrain response seeting for Gravel/Snow/Leaves etc, was nothing short of amazing. When driving with terrain response off, tere was some wheel slippage, and some sliding around, but once i turned on the terrain response, holy cow! The difference in the throttle mapping and the transmission starting in 2nd gear made it seem like i was driving on slightly wet pavement. Bye the way, this is my first Land Rover (actually, my first SUV, I moved from a BMW M3 to the LR3) I cant wait to get out and play more in the snow!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9