LR3 Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have towed a 3500lb boat with the modified arms no real difference. I have noticed the ride is smoother with the shortened arms as well.

boon4376

Reaction score
Any Bad CV angles or anything with the sensor mod? I was suprised to see only 9.3" (?) of stock GC in off road mode. Thats seems pretty low considering the Touareg Air-Suspension allows for over 11 inches.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any Bad CV angles or anything with the sensor mod? I was suprised to see only 9.3" (?) of stock GC in off road mode. Thats seems pretty low considering the Touareg Air-Suspension allows for over 11 inches.

not that i have noticed

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You need to add the 1.5" of Extended mode, and then another increment for Super Extended mode and now you are near 13" of clearance.

293490128_wwyYG-M.jpg

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get it in super extended mode? I have tried to get it in SE mode but have not been able to. I put it in off road mode and then put my foot on the brake and held the up suspension mode button for 5 seconds and nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

Trevor

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only been able to get it into the SE mode when in Rock Crawl and low range.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you get it in super extended mode? I have tried to get it in SE mode but have not been able to. I put it in off road mode and then put my foot on the brake and held the up suspension mode button for 5 seconds and nothing happened. Am I doing something wrong?

Trevor

The car needs to go into extended mode first (when it senses it's grounded and losing traction), and unfortunately there's no button for that - but you can *carefully* simulate the condition over an obstacle, if you absolutely must... Once you are in extended off road mode (the info display in the instrument cluster will tell you when you are), you can invoke super extended the way you are doing it, brake and hold the lever for about 5 secs, you will hear a chime and your car will lift another couple of inches - and if I remember correctly the display will immediately ask you to drop the suspensions as soon as you "clear the obstacle" or "at your earliest opportunity", or something like that... If you don't lower them manually, as soon as you get moving at less than a crawl (I think around 5 mph or so), the suspensions will drop back to regular off road mode automatically.

Trynian

Reaction score

Trevor

The vehicle has to already be in extended mode which cannot be invoked from the cockpit before you can put it in super extended mode by holding the break and the suspension lever up for more then 5 secs.

Extended mode only happens when your LR3 becomes high centered. Put the car in offroad height then put a jack right up under it and lower to regular height. The car will notice it is becoming high centered and raise up into extended height.

The display on the dash will tell you you are in extended mode.

Then you can hold the break and suspension lever forward for 5 seconds until you hear another ding and the car will raise more. There will not be a new message saying super exteneded mode only the same notification that you are in extended mode.

It will return to offroad or regular height if your speed gets up to 10 MPH.

If your you are in low and in a special offroad program it will lower back to offroad at 10 mph.

If you are in regular drive and/or not in low then the car will lower to regular height at 10 MPH.

Last edited:

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so you have to get the car high centered before you can get there! Mine must of gone into extended mode a couple of weeks ago when I got stuck out on the river and I didn't even know it. It kept telling me to lower the vehicle as soon as possible (or something like that). If I would have known that was what was happening I could have raised it up further then. Does anyone know how much ground clearance you will have in SE mode?

Trevor

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM