LR4 5.0L V8 MAP Sensor Replacement DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangeRoverJim

Reaction score
This thread is excellent. I was able to replace the MAP sensor and mass airflow in 15 minutes. Thanks tremendously to the OP.

alegrialv

Reaction score
That was great, thanks! I just installed it, took 25 min total. Purchased the "Land Rover MAP Sensor - VDO LR087236" at FCP Euro, with free shipping and arrived fast for me in Vegas.

You're right @churious the key was to wiggle the new MAP Sensor back and forth so the tiny green o-ring seats properly. I used my Foxwell to clear the code, and turned the engine over a few times; so far it has hasn't come back. ONLY thing I didn't follow from your instructions was the beer...regret not doing that step.

Now on to diagnosing the air compressor leak in the suspension, oy vey.

2012 LR4 HSE LUX, 78K mi

sailor96

Reaction score
Great write up- I replaced the MAP sensor with LR OE part- was good for a about 3 weeks- CEL came back on twice in the past week- throwing the P0106 code- Cleared code with iSoft tool. Ran the **** out of it- luckily no speeding tickets.
Trying to figure out if there is more going on or is it simply a bad sensor.

Any thoughts out there?

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the MAP sensor. Check all the wiring to the MAF and MAP sensors for rodent damage.
The MAP sensor is right behind the throttle body.

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone done a MAP sensor replacement on a V6 LR4? I believe I have TWO MAP Sensors? Is the location the same as this write up? Thanks

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also Silly question...But when I search for 2015 LR4 most MAP sensors are saying the location is the Super Charger BUT 1 Bosch version says Manifold and the Bosch version actually has 4 connection pins while the "Super Charger" ones only have 3 connection pins.....

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some more reading and I think I might be mixing up the MAP Sensor with the T-MAP sensor? For some reason I thought I read that the V6 LR4's have two MAP Sensors BUT Maybe 1 is a regular MAP Sensor and then also a T-MAP Sensor?

Any information or help would be great. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72