LR4 alarm randomly going off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndamico

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i thought it was me bumping the remote but it isn't. sitting still parked in the driveway it will sometimes randomly go off. i have cameras so i know nothing it hitting it. is there a way to determine with IIDtool what is faulting making the alarm sound?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if IIDTool will identify which sensor was tripped, it might. But my money is on the hood latch sensor, which has been problematic since the original LR3 was introduced and seems to be the cause of mysteriously triggered alarms 9 out of 10 times with these vehicles. The good news is that's a relatively inexpensive part to replace.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been happening to me a few times as well since I purchased it. Maybe 5 or 6 times in less than two years. LR tells me it could be a low battery but I will ask them to check the hood latch as well.

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happened to me. Hood Latch sensor for sure.

Mind would just randomly go off. Even a few times while driving I got the bonnet open message.

If it's out of warranty I remember seeing a YouTube video on how to fix it - pretty easy I think.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 paper clip, 30 seconds. Fixed. (unless you want your alarm to go off when the hood is opened, then not fixed - but at least quiet)

Sogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 it was the door contacts, it would randomly go off

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo