LR4 Clicking Noise from Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAM01

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my LR4/13. Luckily we have a great dealership in Avl, Nc. and about a year or so ago, a new head Mech was brought in. Apparent he was the #2 tech in the USA for LR. I ran this by him while still in Warranty. He said that sound is coming from the HP fuel pump and all the 5.0L RR or LR have it happen after about 30K. Because the pressure still stays as Mfg spec, it won't throw a code, hence LR won't change it out or recall. Pretty squirrely if you ask me, but could cost them large. No it won't affect performance "at all" just make your ride sound like a 76 Pinto. Ha, you would think they would want their products to represent a high quality, but not at the cost of LR. Shame on you Corporate LR!

Theofam

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this video, OP. I heard this exact noise a month ago and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. This thread has helped me narrow it down to either the fuel pump or the fan.

armozo

Reaction score
Hi all, I am wondering if there is an update on a fix for this.

I also wanted to add that I just had the timing chain guides and the tensioners replaces and can definitely say that the noise can’t be related to them.

Now, my viscous clutch fan has acted up a few times. Some mornings it will just roar like a dumb truck. Short of replacing the viscous fan I’m not sure how to diagnose this further.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV