LR4 Front lower in morning. I’m new.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anamorphic

Reaction score
If you have a air suspension leak, it would trigger a fault on your dash. Had this issue before but symptoms is that it takes a while for the front end to lift after I start the engine. Brought it to dealer and it was one of the solenoid that caused the leak and was changed under CPO warranty. This was for a 2010 LR4 with about 58k miles. That’s was about 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Slim, thank you for the reply. When I first started researching the problem this was the first thing that came to mind. I am not getting a fault code and I will be taking it to the Rover Doctor to confirm. Hopefully it is just the Front Valve Block/Transfer Valve, as I can order one and have them install it for me.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a air suspension leak, it would trigger a fault on your dash. Had this issue before but symptoms is that it takes a while for the front end to lift after I start the engine. Brought it to dealer and it was one of the solenoid that caused the leak and was changed under CPO warranty. This was for a 2010 LR4 with about 58k miles. That’s was about 3 years ago.
While I did get an error both times I needed a strut replaced on my LR3, it was a very infrequent error. It was one of those things that would pop up every couple weeks, and then be gone. (suspension fault, I think. Didn't make me lower or slow down. Just that message.) No record of it in the history. In addition to that, I just noticed occasional uneven height when I returned to the vehicle and the compressor running more than usual.

The good thing is, those slow leaks seem to be good for a while. The bigger danger is the wear and tear the extra use can put on your compressor. You don't want that to go.

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
I do have to concur about The Rover Doctor, in SoCal. They are top notch for considerable less expense than the dealership. I give them a two thumbs up recommendation.

anamorphic

Reaction score
Good to hear, thank you for confirmation. I will be paying them a visit this week.

Jazzy

Reaction score
Just my experience: My 2014 LR4 had a similar problem, every morning the front was resting on the bump stop while the rear was still at normal height. My front air suspension solenoid, attached to the inside of the front bumper on passenger side, which distributes air to the front right and left sides, had a slow leak.

I first took it apart, cleaned it and replaced O-rings as these can sometimes have issues. No go. Then I ordered one of the cheapest prices I could find online. Installed. Didn’t work as it was faulty. Sent back and went with reputable company...lesson learned.

If this is the case, several options, depending on experience:
1) dealership will replace for ~$500
2) not sure what auto shop charges.
3) part is less than $200 online and basic tools and a couple of hours on the weekend to replace. However, if you haven’t worked on LR before, not difficult, but can get pricey if unfamiliar, might just want to take it in.

If new to working on LRs like I was, YouTube and help on blogs was a lot of fun and rewarding. Hopefully this gives another helpful vantage point.

anamorphic

Reaction score
Just my experience: My 2014 LR4 had a similar problem, every morning the front was resting on the bump stop while the rear was still at normal height. My front air suspension solenoid, attached to the inside of the front bumper on passenger side, which distributes air to the front right and left sides, had a slow leak.

I first took it apart, cleaned it and replaced O-rings as these can sometimes have issues. No go. Then I ordered one of the cheapest prices I could find online. Installed. Didn’t work as it was faulty. Sent back and went with reputable company...lesson learned.

If this is the case, several options, depending on experience:
1) dealership will replace for ~$500
2) not sure what auto shop charges.
3) part is less than $200 online and basic tools and a couple of hours on the weekend to replace. However, if you haven’t worked on LR before, not difficult, but can get pricey if unfamiliar, might just want to take it in.

If new to working on LRs like I was, YouTube and help on blogs was a lot of fun and rewarding. Hopefully this gives another helpful vantage point.

Thank you so much, I am hoping it is just the solenoid as it would be cheaper than an air strut to replace. I appreciate all the help!

anamorphic

Reaction score
Took it to Rover Doctor and it turns out to be a stuck on open solenoid/valve block. They ordered a new valve and I will be replacing that and doing a Transfer Case service at the same time. Glad it’s not a n air strut.

Sbmargo

Reaction score
Our used 2011 LR4 HSE LUX had some wonky problems with the air suspension. The LR dealer here in Santa Barbara replaced the older version under a 3 year warranty with a new and different one. I can't remember the brand, but I think it was Japanese (!!).
It's too bad yours wasn't covered, but if the mechanic there that you trust has to charge quite a bit to repair it, see what a new system costs. It's supposed to be more reliable than the older type.

roverca

Reaction score
This happened on my 2007 LR3 a year or two after I bought it (bought new). I took it to the dealer and a couple Rover mechanics and one said it was nothing maybe air going back into the compressor. Only thing was to listen to to the compressor and make sure it wasn't running too much when I'm driving because that would be a leak and burn out the compressor. The LR3 is over ten years old now and I have johnson rods to fit the 32in BFG KO2's. My friend's RRS does the same thing. Knock on wood everything is ok so far. Ill mention the solenoid to the mechanic next time I'm in.

anamorphic

Reaction score
Update!

Took it to the rover doctor and hey swapped in a new front valve/solenoid and no more saggy front suspension in the mornings.

I had them do a fluid change on my transfer case while they had it on the rack since I am nearing 70k miles. Thanks to everyone who shared experience and advice.

A

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9