LR4 - LCA - Longevitiy/Diagnostic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMET

Reaction score
You're making a heck of a case for these. I have a set of LCAs that I kept specifically because only the factory bushings were shot. They would be perfect candidates to press in some poly and give it a try.

My 2006 LR3 has had orange bushings the last 100k miles. Once my 2013 lr4 starts clunking, it too goes orange.

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Respectfully, I will take that with a grain of salt. Every single vehicle I've had that I've tried to put poly bushes into, there was a severe degradation of ride quality and comfort. My E39 M5's ride got noticeably worse after I put poly ****** arm bushings in it, so bad that I had to go back to stock. With the LR4 being as comfortable as it is, I'd be very wary of firming it up just to eliminate a wear item. For the LCAs, I've read about Meyle HD arms having solid rubber bushings that supposedly last longer. The mevotechs that I put in last year are already starting to feel loose, so it might be time to start thinking about doing them again.

I second the poly bushing alternative.

I know some here eschew them, but I have had zero issues with mine and it eliminates a known weak point of the vehicle.

I actually went all in and had all of mine replaced with the orange poly. The only rubber left on mine are the rear wheel knuckle bushings, and that is only because I couldn't find a poly option to replace those.

No sqeaks, no degradation in ride quality that I can feel, and no more clunking after 20K miles.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also had bad experiences with poly on other vehicles. I too would be very, very wary of installing poly on the LR4 if the intended use is primarily on pavement. For off-roading, sure, poly would be great.

That said - in general, avoid Meyle like the plague. They are not a highly-regarded aftermarket manufacturer in the European auto parts world, and AFAIK they are OEM for exactly zero parts for any vehicle manufacturer. Mevotech is even worse.

Click here for a fairly comprehensive 'manufacturer quality list'. Although it's primarily for Mercedes, a lot of the info also applies to Land Rover aftermarket brands.

Tapps33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I didn’t notice any difference in ride quality with the poly bushings. That said, they’re only on the LCA’s in my rover. I did notice a difference when I swapped to the Armott air shocks. However, the difference was just the fact that the suspension felt stiffer and handled better....so I was VERY happy with the difference.

I can’t talk to swapping every bushing, just the front LCA’s over time poly. But I’d do it again in a heartbeat!

If memory serves, you don’t actually have to press the poly’s in there, so if you decide you hate them, you can always swap back to OEM....of course you have to take the whole LCA off to do it...[emoji2369]

Again, it’s just my $.02....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Respectfully, I will take that with a grain of salt. Every single vehicle I've had that I've tried to put poly bushes into, there was a severe degradation of ride quality and comfort. My E39 M5's ride got noticeably worse after I put poly ****** arm bushings in it, so bad that I had to go back to stock. With the LR4 being as comfortable as it is, I'd be very wary of firming it up just to eliminate a wear item. For the LCAs, I've read about Meyle HD arms having solid rubber bushings that supposedly last longer. The mevotechs that I put in last year are already starting to feel loose, so it might be time to start thinking about doing them again.

And we're off...:)

I am not someone who really cares about ride quality. I drive a 3/4 truck day to day and a 911TT that is spring like a buckboard when I'm not in the LR4 so it might come down to that, but I honestly don't notice a difference pre and post poly bushings.

Even if I did, I would probably not care a whit due to the increase in longevity.

If anyone is close by in Houston, I would love to drive a stock one back to back with mine. Maybe I'm nuts, but I don't think so in this case.

Edward2595

Reaction score
I swapped out all the bushings (lowers/uppers) on our old 2006 LR3 with the green and some orange for the lower control arms and loved how it felt. I plan on doing it on the 2015 when it comes time.

Bentley2012

Reaction score
Would anyone have a link to some more "reviews" of those who have changed to the various "green" or "orange" bushings? I have to do mine (just got a 2013 lr4 HSE Lux last month and i know the arms need replaced) and im trying to get a better idea of how "bad" the ride might get.

Ive been searching but perhaps not in the right places.

-SP

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72