LR4 Second Battery Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96_993TT

Reaction score
@umbertob Yeah, that took some fiddling... There's a square hole way down in the back that I used to relocate the union of the two plugs. It was originally held together in one of these square holes up in the box but there's another down in the back near the firewall. Its a tight fit but it just reached it so it still is secured to something and out of the way. Hope that helps... I stumbled upon it but its there. Below are a couple pics of the connector I'm referring too. Is this the one you're referring too?

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpg
    IMG_2307.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 87

96_993TT

Reaction score
This is the same connector relocated... The connector is down below with the 4 blue dots down by the firewall.

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpg
    IMG_2314.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

96_993TT

Reaction score
Took another look at these pictures and I think what I did was flipped the plug when I clicked it into the truck. The orientation of the green wires looks to be flipped from the original position. I do remember whatever I did I used the slide-in clip again. I checked the plastic box I removed and the place where the square hole is doesn't have the original bracket so I'm pretty sure I relocated that to the square hole down by the firewall. The slide-in clip gizmo is on both sides of the plug so you can use either side. Its been a while so I'm a little fuzzy on it... If you have trouble let me know and I'll take another look at the real connector in the truck if needed...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done. Finding the rectangular hole you referred to was easy, getting to it with my big fat hands a whole different story... Anyway, plug's secure, thanks again for your help and the spot-on photos. I found the rubber plug for the cable run through the firewall, that looks like it's going to be just as much fun to get to. :biggrin: Will worry about it when the Traxide kit arrives.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg, how long did it take for your Traxide kit to arrive? I sent them my credit card info Monday of last week. Tim did acknowledge my order and successful credit card charge at first, told me my kit may take as long as 3-4 days to ship, and that I would get tracking info as soon as it did. Ten days later, no more news. I even emailed him twice this week asking him about the status of my order, no reply. If he wasn't all the way in Australia I would grab the phone and give him a call... Are they on vacation down under or something?

PS: My credit card was charged last Tuesday.

Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine took about 14 days to reach me on the east coast. They never sent me tracking so go figure.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, thanks, I'll sit tight a few more days. It's not that I'm worried about getting stiffed, I'm just anxious to install the kit now that I have made room for the battery and purchased the Optima that fits. Did you ever install yours?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet, hopefully this weekend. Still sitting in a box on my office floor. Constantly have too many projects going...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heard back from Tim, my order was delayed a bit because they are adding a new Battery Guard low-voltage cutout module (BG-25) to the kit, a unit designed to prevent over-discharge of the aux battery. Sounds like a good idea (I plan on hardwiring my dash and rear window cams into the system, and those devices will be recording 24/7 even when parked), and worth the extra wait. Should ship tomorrow, I'll keep you posted on how my install goes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo