LR4 Wont turn over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Motor is not seized but it does have some friction or a rough spot when turning over with breaker bar.
Have you tried a compression test yet? If not, I would highly recommend doing so. It's easier to spin the motor while your transmission is in Neutral.

I'm guessing scored pistons.
An easy way to check is to get an endoscope and check through the spark plugs. Amazon has a bunch of them for under $25.

travair

Reaction score
I appreciate the input. There is clearly something wrong and to pull the heads or pan and anything will be much easier with the motor out. If you had read my earlier posts there was no oil in it, starter fried maybe from someone turning it over without oil or something. We bench tested starter after puling it. You can feel something dragging when turning the motor over by hand. Initially I couldn't turn it over so we broke it free. Maybe technically it was seized. So pulling the motor is a wise decision at this point. My neighbor is a retired mechanic and my really good friend is as well. They both agree. Believe me I am a work smarter not harder kind of guy. Thanks again for input.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Thanks again for input.
No problem! Hope you get that thing fired up.

While you're at it, I'd highly recommend replacing the timing chain guides and tensioner, rear cooling pipe, cooling crossover pipe, thermostat, and water pump. They're known to go.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72