Moab Trail Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a pretty decent video from Cruise Moab 2011 showing most of the obstacles on Hell's Revenge up on the homepage at Expedition Portal right now. At about 1:15, you can see "Tip Over Challenge" from behind the windshield. Looks steeper than I remember!

http://www.expeditionportal.com

4advtr

Reaction score
SO JEALOUS! Very different than Pacific Northwest wheelin' !!! What about "Hell's Gate?" Anyone done that one in an LR3?

I'm going to go with No! You'd be crazy to take any stock vehicle up that obstacle. I had a highly modified RRC with 37"s and full custom suspension that I built and it had a hard time getting up that without laying the body against some rock. You might be able to make it in a lightly modified Rubicon with wide tires.

As to the previous comment about the wedgie, funny thing is in a Land Rover you can literally drive up on the left side, offcamber and make it just fine. I've done it, it's just that typicaly protocol is to "wedge" yourself between the rocks as the photo shows...

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my BONE STOCK LR3 to Moab last fall . And was quite amazed at how she performed! We did Hell's Revenge, Seven Mile and Fins and Things. No bathtubs or Spiders or Spikes for us but I highly recommend those three trails!

Hells Revenge
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Seven Mile
web.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member