Motor Flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to do a motor flush and have been reading the fourms related with it. What is better to use the Seafoam, BG (I use Seafoam on my boat for the fuel system but never theu the vac lines or in the oil.) I have heard BG advertised on news radio but it seams you have to go to a shop to have it done, Is this true? I am looking to do this myself and any info you may have would be helpful. I also want to check the oil pressure what is the best way to do this on a 1999 D1

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better describe what your definition of a motor flush is, cause those products are not used for that, they are used as a gas additive, B&G being by far the best, or for an induction cleaning, here again B&G has the best product for that add Seafoam is also great, neither need to be done by a machine.
If you want to do an induction cleaning, send me your telephone number and I'll walk you thru it.
As for the motor flush, you either add a can of Gunk engine flush to your crank case per the directions or do a 6 quarts ATF flush, here again shout if you want directions.

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike,
Thank you for your response. I want to do an induction cleaning and also run it thru the fuel tank to clean the fuel system. I have heard of people using the seafoam in the crank case what is the purpose of this? I was thinking of doing the ATF fluid before my next oil change and then going with a K&N oil filter and also dropping the oil pan and cleaning it out. I have always used the factory spec oil, but it seams to be really light weight and I just wonder if I should be using something different. I would like to go with synthetic. I have used amsoil in the past with good results but am worried about oil leaks on the rover If I were to switch.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running a synthetic might cause a leak or enhance an on-going leak, but rarely.
Send me your number and I'll be glad to help you.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike,
Thank you for your response. I want to do an induction cleaning and also run it thru the fuel tank to clean the fuel system. I have heard of people using the seafoam in the crank case what is the purpose of this? I was thinking of doing the ATF fluid before my next oil change and then going with a K&N oil filter and also dropping the oil pan and cleaning it out. I have always used the factory spec oil, but it seams to be really light weight and I just wonder if I should be using something different. I would like to go with synthetic. I have used amsoil in the past with good results but am worried about oil leaks on the rover If I were to switch.

Go to seafoam's website.

please let us know how it turns out.

luck,greg

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK finaly got around to doing the seafoam induction cleaning, and also the seafoam in the fuel to clean the injectors. I plan on running a bottle of seafoam in the oil for a week before changing my oil next. I also am going to flush with 6 quarts of ATF and then switching to Mobil 1 10-W30. The truck is running alot smother with the induction and injectors clean, and it did smoke really bad for about 20 min.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do the Seafoam in the oil. If you want to flush the engine, either do the ATF flush or for the next 3 oil changes use a can of Gunk engine flush before changing the oil.

voltaire1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disco Mike, I'm interested in the induction cleaning. Is it a hard/technical process for a 2005 LR3 HSE?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now with the introduction of the new SeaFoam induction cleaning can it is very easy on any vehicle.
Send me your number if you have any questions and I'll call you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM