Nav system disclaimer. Make it go away!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
Greetings all,

New LR4 owner here. It bugs me that I have to hit the "accept" button on the screen whenever I get in the car and want to look at the map. Is there a way to "accept" on a permanent basis?

Thanks.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BMW has the same thing. It's a liability. If you accept and get into a major accident while playing with your nav it's your problem. Not the automaker's.

Is it annoying? Very.

BTW, if you don’t accept BMW’s acceptance (after three or four starts) it ends up disabling all controls to the radio etc. and will not activate until you accept.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing on my wife's Lexus. And with hers, the whoe screen is locked and every function is unavailabel until you accept the waiver each time you drive it. You can't even turn the screen off without accepting it first.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my jeep used to have it, until a software update and it would time out after 10 seconds or so......guess they had gutsier attorneys.......

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This answered my question. While it's not a huge deal, it is rather annoying. My ML350 also had a warning message, but it went away after 10 seconds. Maybe there will be an update or something to get rid of this need?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9