nav update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://rangerovers.net/forum/download/file.php?id=6060

Has anyone actually had the nav update done ??

I went and pressed my dealer on this, which according to the bulletin should have been done prior to delivery of my lr4 ?? they said, they tried on 2 different vehicles, and couldn't get the license key to work, and that navteq says they aren't ready to provide this update ??

apparently on your nav settings, mine has a 2009us version, and the new one is 2010 !!

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey suvowner... Can you tell what version you have? I'm curious what version I have. Mine is a 2010, April build.

cmostech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a $200 upgrade DVD myself and my dealer told me they only came out with new maps every 2 years, and 2010 is the newest?? Also is there registering when you buy a new DVD so that it will only work on yours?

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a $200 upgrade DVD myself and my dealer told me they only came out with new maps every 2 years, and 2010 is the newest?? Also is there registering when you buy a new DVD so that it will only work on yours?

yes it is supposed to be based on your vin somehow.......i think that security measure is causing the problems with the current free update.....

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uh... Did you know LR4 has hard drive based navigation and does not take DVD map?

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uh... Did you know LR4 has hard drive based navigation and does not take DVD map?

yes, but how do you get the map data to your dealer to then upgrade the map software ???

it is a dvd, that they then load onto a device that updates the nav software through a firewire port under the steering column.....

the lr2 is actually a dvd..............

my previous jeep, used a dvd that then copied to the hard drive to do an update.....

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635