Navigation Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Navigation Issues Solved

I'm in need and help or advice with my navigation. I thought the issues were solved but it started acting up again. Here is what it does. At times when I'm driving its very inaccurate. For instance today I was driving and it showed I was traveling on the 5 fwy near Gorman, I saw Pyramid Lake then it headed south really fast and I saw Valencia on the Nav. Mind you I was in Simi Valley while this happened. About 2-5 minutes later it showed my current proper location. I verified that my NAV is setup in the right region. I'm just stumped at this point. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Last edited:

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does a little symbol that says "GPS" with a line through it ever pop up in the top left hand part of the display? I'm wondering if the connection to your antennae or something else is causing it to lose sync with the satellites...

-Rich

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does a little symbol that says "GPS" with a line through it ever pop up in the top left hand part of the display? I'm wondering if the connection to your antennae or something else is causing it to lose sync with the satellites...

-Rich

I know which symbol that you are talking about and the only time it does that is when I'm parked under my covered parking in my complex which is understandable. I guess its off to the dealer tomorrow morning to see what they can find.

ccw

Reaction score
At least you are on a map. I get to drive of the coast of Canada. The LR3 can not find the state of Alaska

Ethan Hunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While being gone working the SEMA show I left my LR3 with the dealer. They actually found the issue and fixed it. It turns out that I had a short in the fusable link harness. They put in a new harness and programmed the navigation back to specs. Issue solved...

On a side note the crew at Land Rover Thousand Oaks are awesome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge