Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rattlee

Reaction score
Has anyone recently updated the navigator on the LR4? I heard that Navteq the company which supplies the software has live traffic built in... Can anyone confirm this? I live in the Dubai and the maps on the 2010 model are already outdated and don't have live traffic data. I asked the service center for the update but they could confirm if it had live traffic. Do the 2011 models come with live traffic update?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recently updated the navigator on the LR4? I heard that Navteq the company which supplies the software has live traffic built in... Can anyone confirm this? I live in the Dubai and the maps on the 2010 model are already outdated and don't have live traffic data. I asked the service center for the update but they could confirm if it had live traffic. Do the 2011 models come with live traffic update?
Hello rattlee,

I have a 2011 LR4 and had the navigation recently upgraded, but there is no life traffic built in (that I can find???). Has anyone found this??? If so, I would love to know more!

-David

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the cost of the updates are? I have a 2010 and I'm sure there are updates. I don't have that great a relationship with my service manager at this point, so I figure I will get nickle and dimed for everything they have to do to my truck from here on out.

Rob

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no traffic.......go to sirius.com and it will tell you what cars have traffic capability......

dealer has to do update.....you might try calling navteq and get a price....

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless....their traffic info is so inaccurate...I have used it with a couple cars for a year...very poor. The MAPS app on the iPhone has been very accurate (i think they use google) and since we have cancelled our traffic service with sirius.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless....their traffic info is so inaccurate...I have used it with a couple cars for a year...very poor. The MAPS app on the iPhone has been very accurate (i think they use google) and since we have cancelled our traffic service with sirius.
I agree. I wouldn't pay for this as my previous vehicle had it and it was pretty useless. I did not realize this was something through Sirius.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the cost of the updates are? I have a 2010 and I'm sure there are updates. I don't have that great a relationship with my service manager at this point, so I figure I will get nickle and dimed for everything they have to do to my truck from here on out.

Rob
Hey Rob,

I had mine done last month, but I am not sure of the price as they did it for free. I received a letter from LR North America saying there is a navigation and computer upgrade available and if I responded within 30 days by making a service appointment it would be free. I bought my LR4 in Feb 2011.

-David

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Rob,

I had mine done last month, but I am not sure of the price as they did it for free. I received a letter from LR North America saying there is a navigation and computer upgrade available and if I responded within 30 days by making a service appointment it would be free. I bought my LR4 in Feb 2011.

-David

Thanks David! I doubt I will be lucky enough to get that letter.

My maps seem fairly up to date for my area, so it's not a big deal to me. Just dont want to get in the same situation with the LR4 as we are with the wife's Lexus. We bought it new in 2007 and have never got the updates for the Nav.

Rob

rattlee

Reaction score
I was made to believe that the 2010 requires a DVD to run the update and so they depend on the company to ship it across ( non for 2010 models after what was factory installed, i am told) whereas the 2011 version will get their updates directly from the internet.

rattlee

Reaction score
Update

I finally had enough.
Wrote to Land Rover customer support and they immediately pulled up the local retailer. To my surprise, there is indeed a Navigator update (early 2011) available with Live Traffic and will cost AED 2500/- to update. Wondering. should I?

Can anyone who owns a LR4 2011 model confirm a live traffic update?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99