Need your opinion on this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shehab

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My father owns a 2010 LR4 and it currently needs a new (NEW) brake disc, brake pads and sensor for one front wheel, the reason why it needs only one is that the remaining ones are still fine, that's because the low lives at the only workshop here (Selling Land Rover parts and mounts them) changed 3 brake discs, 4 pads and sensors (I donno how much they charged my father for that, he won't tell me but he says that 4 of each part is in the bill he got) they took one of the old front discs and somehow made it look like new, father says, (some kind of renewing was done, I donno what I should call it in English) and then placed new pads for it.

After just 12,000km that disc which wasn't new got completely worn, like it became really scratchy and it took the new pads with it, as a result, the brake fluid came out and now I can't even start the engine, I'm guessing it's cuz there's no pressure in the brake system.

But that workshop is currently closed due to what's going on in my country (I'm from Yemen) And it's the only Land Rover place for parts and mechanical services here, but I found another Land Rover warehouse and asked them for 1 brake disc, pads for it and a sensor,

They asked 500$ for them, not including fitting.

Now, I need you to tell me, is 500$ a good price for what I mentioned above or is it too pricey? You tell me. (By the way, I'm doing this on my own cuz my dad is in another county working)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, forgive my awful essay skills, I'm Arabian.

And thank you in advance.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on your market. Here in North America that would be considered kind of expensive for parts alone (besides the fact that I don't even think you can buy just one set of pads, they are always sold in pairs here), but perhaps that's the going price for genuine Land Rover parts in Yemen? Never heard of a shop replacing one front disc and turning the other one, sounds very Mickey Mouse-ish,, and it could be dangerous. Any competent brake shop can do your car's brakes.

The sensor may or may not be needed, depending on which side you are replacing. There is only one sensor in front (driver) and on in the rear (passenger side.)

Last edited:

Shehab

Reaction score
Well, if it's pricy in America then it's very pricy here and they only replaced one disc cuz they're scammers, it turns out they are famous for screwing people up and I can't do anything cuz they're closed at the moment and can't contact them, also the parts I found are genuine Land Rover parts and cost 500$ isn't that pricy?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo