New LR4 arrived at the dealer today :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved my Orkney Gray but the Corris Gray is so much nicer it makes me jealous of my wife's LR4 :eek:

We took the LR4 for a 100 mile drive up to Compounce Lake and I absolutely loved it. How does it compare to our Discovery 4 TDV6?

The most significant difference is on the engine: The diesel had incredible low end torque but the power of the V8 is amazing! going from 70 to 90 was immediate and fun :biggrin: The ride was quieter, the sun roofs make the interior so much brighter, air vents for the back and the controls on the second row are a huge advantage, the navigation works perfectly and the multiple display is amazing (especially the lanes detail), the passive entry is just great and the folding mirrors are a nice feature. I will miss the mirror dip on reverse and the memory presets for the driver's seat.

I didn't get to drive the RRS except from the dealer to our home (25 miles) but it felt great. The ride felt not as smooth as on the LR4 (more sporty kind of "feel the road"), the driver's seat feels like a cockpit, the premium sound system sounds amazing and the lower ride height together with the grunt from the engine made it feel like I was driving a muscle car.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still really like those 10 spoke HSE wheels... The Lux wheels have grown on me, but the square spokes are really nice.

Congrats!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Wow! What a combo. Best of both worlds. I think Count Laszlo will be jealous - that's his dream team. ;-)

Beautiful photos. Can't wait to hear more - love the comparison between the TDV6 and the V8.

I hope to see them in person one day.

-David

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still really like those 10 spoke HSE wheels... The Lux wheels have grown on me, but the square spokes are really nice.

Congrats!

I really oike the wheels too. More than the ones on our 2011 Discovery 4. The other detail that ended up looking great was the black lacquer trim. I'll post some pics.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I have your garage, please!?

Two beautiful Rovers. Now you know what all the fuss is about over the glorious V8!

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I know... I wouldn't trade it for anything else and am glad I went out of my way to get both V8s :proud:

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two LR's make any garage look classy! Enjoy & congrats!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635