Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deeb

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
my name is Chad. Deeb is my username.

I live in southern Maine. I just purchased a 98 Disco w/ 100K for next to nothing under the premise that it needs an oil pump.

It's now in my garage so once I get it off the ground I'm sure I'll be needing a little help along the way.

I've been rebuilding VWs for a couple years now, so I'm a little mechanical but novice at best.

Thanks for having me.
Chad

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... first things first. Get a repair manual, if you search here for manual there is a good chance you will find a link to a free download.

Second, pull the oil pan and clean it out if the oil pick up tube is clogged it will cause issues that will make you think you have a bad oil pump. at 100k, normally the Oil pump does not fail. It is possible, but unlikely.

deeb

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... first things first. Get a repair manual, if you search here for manual there is a good chance you will find a link to a free download.

Second, pull the oil pan and clean it out if the oil pick up tube is clogged it will cause issues that will make you think you have a bad oil pump. at 100k, normally the Oil pump does not fail. It is possible, but unlikely.

wow- thanks so much for a quick response...i already like this forum more than the other few i'm on!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
we are here to help.... I am a firm believer in if I can't help I will let you know. I haven't been a Moderator on here for 5 years for nothing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112