New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my letter says for those who have already fixed this to wait for the second letter, which will have instructions for how to get refunded.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
For those that haven't received the letter, this is what it says...

20211018_160408.jpg

20211018_160723.jpg

Awitt1134

Reaction score
Also wanted to note/add to this post that my VIN didn’t pull up when I searched the past few days and I received my letter last night with my VIN on it for the recall. They must not have everything updated yet. My CEL came on recently and I had a shop give multiple codes that I can’t pull with any of my 3 scanners and say he would need to tear down engine and check timing belt….. now maybe he confused belt and chain but idk. My chain is tight. I have a few misfires and am leaking fuel. I’m thinking this is at least part of the problem. I’ve cleaned a few things and replaced my plugs because they needed it. So will see how things are after I get this checkout and replaced.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also wanted to note/add to this post that my VIN didn’t pull up when I searched the past few days and I received my letter last night with my VIN on it for the recall. They must not have everything updated yet. My CEL came on recently and I had a shop give multiple codes that I can’t pull with any of my 3 scanners and say he would need to tear down engine and check timing belt….. now maybe he confused belt and chain but idk. My chain is tight. I have a few misfires and am leaking fuel. I’m thinking this is at least part of the problem. I’ve cleaned a few things and replaced my plugs because they needed it. So will see how things are after I get this checkout and replaced.

It will likely be months before you are scheduled for this fix. Maybe longer. I'd find a scanner that will read your code and figure out what's going on.

EvoqueEvoque

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Evoque and just took it in the shop for smelling gasoline as well! They just told me I had a broken fuel pump flange. I googled it and all of this recall business came up. I haven’t seen any other posts about Evoques but I can’t imagine that the issue isn’t related! I also just had my annual service a couple months ago, along with new brakes and tires () so I’m quite suspicious that they didn’t notice this then. I smelled gas after getting my car back but thought maybe it was just the smell of new tires. I wonder if more models will pop up with this same issue!

EvoqueEvoque

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Evoque and just took mine in for smelling gas! They said it was the flange too! I just googled it and ended up here, haha! I’ve never joined a car forum before but now seeing how this seems to be a massive problem, I’m wondering if any of this info will help me when discussing it with my service guy. I feel like they’re taking advantage of me with a $1500 estimate. Should I take it to an independent shop or push for being included in the recall? Even though the recall doesn’t mention Evoques, it’s rather coincidental that mine is having the exact same issues as the models listed.

Kristina

Reaction score
My first letter arrived the other day. My VIN still doesn't show when running the recall check, so I'm guessing that hasn't been updated.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA