New Start Button problem LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

landylandy

Reaction score
Hi there, has anyone changed their start button (for optical reasons) and then could not start the car?

Well I just did exchange my start button, plugged the new one in, started the car, turned it of, just to find out later in the day I could not start my LR4 anymore! Put the old start button back in and am driving just fine now!
Do I have to re-program anything when changing the start button? Does anyone know about this???
thanks

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine a couple of years ago because the grey/black started coming off, never had an issue though. Might be the button you bought itself. Did you buy it off of an OEM parts site?

landylandy

Reaction score
of course not, bought the cheapest crap from china, but shockingly it looks just like the original, down to the last detail (looks to be the same).
I was thinking that might be my luck! anybody else experienced this or is it just me????

HarryO

Reaction score
No smarts to it - it’s just two switches in the one button - if both switches don’t close the car won’t start.

Check it with a multimeter - it’s probably just a bad one.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I bought a cheap cheap one and it worked twice. Threw it away.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t ask this in a **** way, I’m honestly curious. What’s the thinking on buying the cheapest switch for the critical component that is responsible for starting the truck??

Because for $10 if it didn't work I dont feel bad throwing it away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okamgba1463