New to LR, want look of LR4 but conflicted about waiting for 2015 Discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am an absolute LR newbie, please keep that in mind if some of my comments/questions are obvious to the community.
Short of it is I've always liked the look of Land Rovers and am at a point where I can afford a new LR4.

I began researching the 2014 HSE LR4 a few weeks ago in an attempt to understand the reliability, service costs, resale value etc. What surprised me is that in my area (bay area Cali) there are zero 2014 LR4s available, closest is one in LA and one in Vegas neither of which come with the package I want (although local dealers have plenty of LR2s).
Is this normal for LR4s?
I'm wondering if supply is low because LR is focusing on the redesigned 2015 Discovery.

Speaking of which, I was planning to order an LR4 to my liking when I just heard about the 2015 Discovery so now I'm even less sure of what do :eek:

To my LR newbie eyes, the LR4 has more of the rugged off road look I like about the brand even though I think the RR and 2015 Discovery are very sweet looking rides.
I've yet to learn if the 2014 LR4 is the last year of this model, or when the Discovery 2015 will be available for purchase, how much it will be, and if there will be another currently unannounced model that will more closely resemble the LR4.
Considering what the 2014 LR4 offers and what appears to be coming down the pipe for 2015 what would you do?
Hopefully you all can enlighten me and help me make a good decision on if I should go for the 2014 LR4 or wait for the 2015 Discovery.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9