No speed display in TFT driver info screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On page 19 of the 2010 LR4 brochure and throughout the owner's manual it shows the current speed in mph on the lower right corner of the TFT screen above the steering wheel. In addition, information from the entertainment system is displayed.

My new LR4 does not show the current speed, nor the currently playing music track. How do I get these to display? Is it a setting performed by the dealer? It's hard to see the top of the analog speed gauge with the steering wheel in a comfortable position, so a digital display is a nice safety feature. Am I the only one with this problem?

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not noticed that yet......

Will play around with our (my wife's) LR4 and see if it's the same or if I can make that display appear. I did notice that the "digital display" for the cruise control was difficult to find once set, but then I was able to find it and have not considered it unusual since.

Cheers,

Joe

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have these features either. i dont think they made it in the software for the current LR4.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have these features either. i dont think they made it in the software for the current LR4.

Very surprising if true. I doubt it could be that hard a programming job. I wonder if a software update can add the feature at a later point.

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen other users post the same disappointment. I am hoping it will come in future software upgrade but I'm not holding my breath. The screen with the stereo info is also shown in their promotional material. Oh well.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen other users post the same disappointment. I am hoping it will come in future software upgrade but I'm not holding my breath. The screen with the stereo info is also shown in their promotional material. Oh well.

My salesman told me the functionality is enabled for the rest of the world version. I don't understand that logic, if it truly exists for non-US LR4s.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's true. This was disabled for US market for sure and probably for some stupid legal liability reason.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's true. This was disabled for US market for sure and probably for some stupid legal liability reason.

I wonder if a software hack could enable the functionality. I wish I had the skill set to do it. I might call Land Rover USA to see if I can get an official explanation.

If it truly is a legal issue it would be ironic because a digital speed display is a safety feature. In addition, other manufacturers (Audi and Mercedes are two examples) offer the capability.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corrected based on latest info found on other discovery forum.

Apparently, in US model, this can be enabled but only in a certain way that's little different then that of models made for other country.
On US model, when activated, I believe it this is for displying the speed in different unit other then what you got on the analog speedometer. Since your tranditional speedometer only displays speed in mph, for when traveling to Canada or Mexico, you can switch the unit in trip computer to km/h and digital display will show up and display speed in km/h. I just validate this in my US model LR4.

In UK models, apparently both km/h and mph can be displayed digitally.

As for pictures in the broucher, it does show track info etc but I've heard from someone that engineers ran into some issue displaying some information to the TFT display so the feature might have been disabled at the last minute. As fine prints will read, they "reserve the right to alter specification without any notice"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99