Only when working hard offroad - Hard to start / initial rough Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On road truck runs great; starts <1 sec every time, plenty power and idles smooth.

After off-roading for an hour, shut if off for 5 min, and now it wont restart. Cranks, ad cranks, and cranks, but no fuel or spark? after 30sec is kicks and runs rough sputters for about 60 secs. After a few revs, it runs fine again. Happened 3 consecutive times off road, but never again since in daily around town driving.

Any suggestions where to start before next adventure?

2019-02-03.png

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last couple yrs I've had something sounding like that occur a few times though it wasn't post-off-road specific that I recall.

I would try to take note of any other situational factors. It could be a coincidence regarding timing from off-road outings.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! To be clear the problem only presented on-the-tail. I was thinking maybe bad gas, sediment in gas tank stirred up, or extreme fuel trim adaption. Weak fuel pump? When off road it estimates <5mpg. No CEL and no codes that my GAP found. After it sat for >1hour, went back to normal tip-top operation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99