Placed my order tonight!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the background Soda. I hope to be able to use a similar process.
I'm concerned being that *if* I get selected to be a part of their next LR4 allotment they may use this type of leverage on me "if you don't take MSRP we'll go to the next person on the list." Anyway, congratulations on your price!

OTOH, I didn't have any leverage except another LR dealer in town that always does MSRP. Period. I think I got them to discount the final price to offset the $750 Dealer Prep fee they were going to charge. But aside from that it will be MSRP. The truth is that I don't want a different vehicle. They did offer 10% off any accessories. But one of the forum members pointed me to the Land Rover Rocklin website where they have what appears to be 25-30% discounts on LR accessories. So my accessory business will not go to my dealership here. :proud:

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the big day!!! My LR finally made it to my dealer yesterday evening. They are going to do the pre-sale inspection today. I'm taking off work tomorrow to go get it! I'm not going to be able to sleep at all tonight.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the big day!!! My LR finally made it to my dealer yesterday evening. They are going to do the pre-sale inspection today. I'm taking off work tomorrow to go get it! I'm not going to be able to sleep at all tonight.

:biggrin: That is awesome news! I can imagine how you feel. Take the day off? I would be taking the week off! (In fact, I worked through last weekend to try and clear out as much work as I possibly can so I will be able to take off when it gets here.)

Looking forward to hearing your impressions and of course some pictures. though you may want to use one of the "sticky" threads for that.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

It was about a year ago now that my LR4 was making its way up to San Jose, CA. Mine arrive a bit early, though I was a little bummed because I had to travel to Boston - I was hoping it would wait until I returned.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it! The dealer really made it a nice easy experience. We even went on an Evoque test drive after we were done (my wife thinks they are cute).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 43

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, Soda!
Mine is due in in about a week.
I'm starting to have trouble sleeping..... :)
(Spending my days getting insurance quotes.....and trying to sell the Disco II)
Did you get an extended warranty? If so, mind saying which version and how much you paid?

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 7 year/100,000 mile LRNA extended warranty. I got it for $3,600.

The past two weeks were agony! My dealer told me as soon as it hit the port in Baltimore that it would be at the dealership within days. It took two weeks! I was waiting every day for a call saying it had arrived.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the wait is over. Hope you enjoy getting to know your LR4; and that it takes you to wonderful places.
Thanks for the info on the warranty. My dealer quoted me almost $5k for the same terms.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good Soda!
Makes me want to change my order from corris grey back to fuji white (well almost).

What was the incentive to purchase the extended warranty now instead of later (or was that not an option)?

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corris Grey is an excellent color! I wanted Causeway or Corris but my wife insisted that we not get another grey car.

As for the warranty, convenience I guess. I won't have to deal with it in the future. It's also definitely cheaper buying it now vs when the car is 4 years old. I know I run the risk of losing out if something happens to the car before the factory warranty is up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635