Placed my order tonight!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is what I have (purchased yesterday).
- It is titled Jaguar Land Rover Vehicle Protection Plan and has Jaguar and Land Rover logos
- But it sis administered by United Service Protection Corp w/ a PO Box in St. Petersburg, FL
- I got it to cover 84 months or 100,000 miles.
- A $100 deductible is waived if the service is done by an official Land Rover dealer
- There was a list of exclusions but all seemed reasonable. They require proof of proper and timely maintenance. Also the warranty may become void if the issue is due to after market add ons, etc. Of course normal wear and tear is not covered. Also will not be covered if the vehicle used for professional use, towing a trailer heavier than the limits, etc. The only issue I might have here would be IF I were to do any after market mods.
- The cost to me was $3999
- It is transferrable should I sell the LR4 before it expires.
- It is cancelable but pro-rated based on time and miles
- I can cancel and get a full refund within 60 days of purchase

So, is it truly the LRNA warranty. I don't think so. Therefore I am going to investigate this morning.

BTW, some of the wording talks about difference laws in different states. It may be that there are different rules for warranties like this in different states? Again, something I will ask them about in the morning.

I had made it very clear that I wanted the Land Rover warranty, not some 3rd party. So I need to find out what's up.
This is the same one I was offered and will be getting sometime this year. The cost is cheapest when you buy the truck, but it only went up a few hundred when they recently sent me the quote. This is not the same as the LR Certified Warranty, but it is a new program basically endorsed by Jaguar Land Rover (at least what I was told) and is the one that LR now recommends. Previously, they did not have an extended warranty program at all, this is relatively new.

While the cost is a few thousand, and I am sure they can exclude certain things, I think it's a good investment (personally) and I like the peace of mind. It is accepted at any LR dealership, and independent, but like you said... there is a deductable if you go outside a LR dealership.

I wish I got it when I purchased the truck, but I was still unsure if I wanted to go that route.

aj22

Reaction score
This is the same one I was offered and will be getting sometime this year. The cost is cheapest when you buy the truck, but it only went up a few hundred when they recently sent me the quote. This is not the same as the LR Certified Warranty, but it is a new program basically endorsed by Jaguar Land Rover (at least what I was told) and is the one that LR now recommends. Previously, they did not have an extended warranty program at all, this is relatively new.

While the cost is a few thousand, and I am sure they can exclude certain things, I think it's a good investment (personally) and I like the peace of mind. It is accepted at any LR dealership, and independent, but like you said... there is a deductable if you go outside a LR dealership.

I wish I got it when I purchased the truck, but I was still unsure if I wanted to go that route.

So $4k+ which I guess gets you 3-4 extra years and 50k miles. How much are you guys expecting to spend on repairs? In the first 100k, I haven't come close to that on any of my cars. Hoping I haven't just bought a huge money pit!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My dealer just told me the same thing. I asked them to make certain.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that an extended warranty on the LR4 is 'good to have'. Between the massive electronics load and the special mechanical features of LR, I think some protection is prudent.
(Guess I'm going to have to sell it at precisely 100k miles :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo