Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not going to take it off pavement I would recommend Lexus LX or BMW X5.

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See the thread below about soaked floorboards in LR3s. It's probably clogged sunroof drains, but who knows, these things apparently leak from all sorts of places.

Wow - too bad - mine has never leaked and we were out in the torrential rains a couple of times. It is parked in our garage when not it's not out and about but not one drop has ever entered the cabin. Which LR dealership are you working with?

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chantilly - I've had several bad experiences with them.

Too bad - I'm servicing at LR Alexandria - pretty good, friendly, great events, etc.

FYI - check out Craigslist - I just posted an ad in Activity Partners for other LR drivers to get together and do "stuff." Check it out - the ad will explain everything!! Thanks.

Shermie

Reaction score
Welcome to the Land Rover unhappy customer club. I was in that club for over 5 years. Never ever ever ever ever again would I consider owning any Land Rover product. Not even a T-shirt.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Land Rover unhappy customer club. I was in that club for over 5 years. Never ever ever ever ever again would I consider owning any Land Rover product. Not even a T-shirt.

Hahahaha! Then why would you continue to lerk on this board?

saj128

Reaction score
Land Rover service is AWFUL!! my windshield cracked under just normal stress, no rock mind you, but land rover says "clearly a rock broke it." I have now taken it to 2 autoglass repair places, and they both agree, "that's a stress fracture." Land rover still hasn't called me back even after i asked for a supervisor!!

tires are extroadinarily expensive. some odd size that most people don't stock.

oil changes are a hassle as most normal quick lubes don't carry the tools to do it.

my electronics still don't work and I've taken it to them twice. this last time they said the wiring just gets cold or humid or something and there is nothing they can do????

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! go get it back if it's not tooooooo late!! I'm serious. I inherited this piece of junk by getting married, and I can't wait to get rid of it. oh yeah, re-sale value sucks as well!!
--shane

RAWLR3

Reaction score
Just Purchased a Used 2005 LR2 HSE Chawton White W/ 19" Rims. The LR3 is a really sharp looking SUV. I picked this one up on Friday for $18,800.00 I traded in my Acura TL. This is my first SUV and I am enjoying the ride. My check Engine light is on and I think it has to do with when I put gas in it and it messed up some sensors. I will have them reset the light at Advance Auto Parts.

Reed_HSE

Reaction score
MY major problems

ive had my 05 hse for about 10 months now and ive racked up around 20k miles on it. my first problem started with a broken gas cap which of course the dealer replaced. Now my problem have grown quite larger. It all started about the first really hot day of summer (i live in SC) i was sitting in traffic when my lr sputtered and died on me. So i took it to a local mechanic because the closest lr dealer is an hour away. But by the time the car had been towed to his shop it was running fine and he couldnt find anything wrong with it. This happened to me 3 MORE times before i took it to a different mechanic who told me that he wasnt sure but that it sounds like a faulty crankshaft sensor, so i had this replaced for 100. but then today, one week after having that installed, it occured again. I have no idea what is wrong with my car and apparently neither does anyone else. Ive called the dealer for advice but they have been no help. Its the weirdest thing. The car will just sputter and die and i can shut it down, leave it for an hour, and drive it wherever (One time 60 miles back home without a single glitch). Is there any one who can help me because i am completely lost. I love the car when its running but i have to get this fixed. Any help will be greatly apprieciated.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM