Questions About the 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am currently away in Boston, but before I left had a slight problem with the auto-up and down feature on my windows. I know sometimes they have to reset the windows from the factory, and I found how to do that in the manual, but the auto- up and down seem to be a bit touchy? I have to do such a quick pull up and let go of the button in order for it to work.

Has anyone had this problem with their 2013? Do you think I need the dealer to program it or should I try a reset again?

Beside that, I need to figure out my top latch - it's pretty tough to close and requires a really firm push.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Regards, David

I'm of no help, but welcome to Boston!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, try a reset again of all 4 windows. Just like the manual says, the one-touch up/down feature of mine stop operating randomly (one, two, or all windows) whenever I disconnect the battery to work on the car, which I have done often while installing my aftermarket mods. The sunroof one-touch function usually stops working as well. Resetting all of the windows and the sunroof - even those that appear to work after a battery disconnect - by following the manual's instructions has always worked for me.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm of no help, but welcome to Boston!
Thanks!

I was born, brought up, and went to undergrad here so it is home. I moved to CA about six years ago, but will likely move back at some point. It's funny, on my drive on the Mass Pike I saw 2 brand new Range Rovers. The Firenze Red is quite nice! :)

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, try a reset again of all 4 windows. Just like the manual says, the one-touch up/down feature of mine stop operating randomly (one, two, or all windows) whenever I disconnect the battery to work on the car, which I have done often while installing my aftermarket mods. The sunroof one-touch function usually stops working as well. Resetting all of the windows and the sunroof - even those that appear to work after a battery disconnect - by following the manual's instructions has always worked for me.
Thanks, Umberto.

I did follow the instructions in the manual right before I left for the airport, but will try it again when I return (as well as the sunroof). They were working, but really touchy. Hopefully another reset will help.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Umberto,

I am back from Boston and reset all the windows and sunroof - works great. Thanks!

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know this was mentioned previously, but I can't seem to find the post. Is it typical that when the side mirrors fold upon locking that they gently hit the window glass?

I wish I could figure out a way to stop the automatic folding - I think the IID tool can do this?

Thanks!!!

-David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driver side mirror on my 2013 does contact the window glass when folded. The passenger's doesn't. Indeed, that feature could be disabled via IIDTool or Faultmate (and by a dealer, if you ask them) by changing the foldback mirrors program from "Fitted w/ Logic" to "Fitted." But like others have said, I like the visual cue that I remembered to lock the doors of the car when I see my mirrors folded from a distance.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driver side mirror on my 2013 does contact the window glass when folded. The passenger's doesn't. Indeed, that feature could be disabled via IIDTool or Faultmate (and by a dealer, if you ask them) by changing the foldback mirrors program from "Fitted w/ Logic" to "Fitted." But like others have said, I like the visual cue that I remembered to lock the doors of the car when I see my mirrors folded from a distance.
Thanks, Umberto!

You are always so helpful - I can't thank you enough. I took a look and the same is true for me, the driver's side mirror slightly touches the window glass, while the passenger side mirror does not. I am just glad it's meant to be that way. ;-)

I will keep them folding, as I see your point about making sure the vehicle is locked.

I am heading to the dealership on Friday to have them fix my wood trim, so I wanted to make sure everything else is working correctly.

On another note, I am heading to Oakhurst, CA on Saturday, June 22nd to get my roof rack, ladder, and sliders installed. Then, the following week getting my Coopers mounted. I am likely going with the 18" wheels, but not until next year.

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99