Rattling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Mikhah

Okay, forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've played with an old van back in the day, but all in all, I've never been super amazing at fixing vehicles. Nevertheless, I'm a quick learner when I apply myself to just about anything. I recently purchased a 1990 Range Rover County, with the intention of fixing it up, dealing with/resolving issues and so on.

Most of what has been necessary has been cosmetic so far. The vehicle has had a lot replaced over the years, but it seems to run very nicely, all things considered. The one major nagging concern so far, however, is a rattling that occurs when I go over bumps. It is particularly noticeable at low speeds. At higher speeds, the engine itself must apparantly drown out the sound.

All in all it's not that big of a deal, but I'm not into leaving things unresolved. I've googled the issue and it appears that there something similar reported with Catalytic Converter issues. Nevertheless, I've found some other reports of rattling that seem unrelated.

Has anyone here had a similar problem and if so, what resolved it? Where did you obtain the replacement part?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

- Micah

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
For starters where do you hear the rattle coming from?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM