Re-program ECM, better MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rover junkie

Reaction score
I have heard a few people sending their ECM to a company who can re-program their ECM to boost HP a little and increase MPG. I drive an 05 LR3 and would really like to turn off the rear O2 sensors so I could cut the converters and thus increase MPG that way. I have done this in other vehicles but never to a LR. Has anyone ever done this to a rover and if so who does it? Someone told me of a place in England but didn't know the name of the company. Any info would be a help. Thanks.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money, you can't increase power with out using more gas along with some timing and shifting changes.
Use good gas, keep it tuned and keep your foot out of the gas.

Trynian

Reaction score
I have heard a few people sending their ECM to a company who can re-program their ECM to boost HP a little and increase MPG. I drive an 05 LR3 and would really like to turn off the rear O2 sensors so I could cut the converters and thus increase MPG that way. I have done this in other vehicles but never to a LR. Has anyone ever done this to a rover and if so who does it? Someone told me of a place in England but didn't know the name of the company. Any info would be a help. Thanks.

The guys in England are only the TDV6 diesel models. So far there has been no engine tuning/mapping I have heard that made any difference on the gas LR3/Discovery3.

As Disco Mike says the only way is to keep it serviced and tuned and drive well.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Boys are correct. I believe you are talking about Torque Tune in the UK. Not applicable to the Petrol engine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis