Real MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 15 MPG from the LR4 and 12 MPG from the RRS. I never thought I'd be so happy driving cars that gave me this kind of mileage :biggrin:

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2013 is the last LR4 standard with the 375HP V8 and it's the vehicle that does all on all occasions. Well, okay, it sucks a bit of premium gas, but if you're going to buy a vehicle for 60K plus you don't worry about gas mileage. You but something smaller and perhaps less accommodating to your needs, but then end up sorry in the long run.

Consider 1500 miles at 15 MPG with gas at $4.00 a gallon is $400. A lesser vehicle would give you perhaps 22.5 MPG so your cost would then be $267. Take into consideration the luxury, ability to go anywhere at any time, the unusual safety and character of the LR4, towing capacity, and fuel costs sort of melt into the background.

In fact, postulating that cost over 15000 miles is $1330 difference, or about $110 dollars a month. Scant cost for the Land Rover experience and that V8 under the hood.

I wonder what the new V6 will bring to the table? As an avid racer, there is a quote that there is no substitute for cubic inches when pulling weight. And that all aluminum V-8 has it.

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR4 HSE Lux, consistently averaging 17 MPG of town & highway mixed, in the mountains. Heater/AC control is set on auto, so there is some AC use in there but probably not a lot (it has been a pretty mild summer). Using premium fuel.

Readings are per trip computer, wife and I can never manage to coordinate recording mileage/fuel when refueling. :)

Pgk1978

Reaction score
I just drove from Jacksonville, FL to San Antonio, TX (1100 miles) and got 20.7 MPG. Not too bad for my 2006 LR3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ed146

Reaction score
2010 LR4 HSE here. Averaging 10 to 13 city and about 21 on highway (Cruising around 75mph). So far I am very pleased mileage.

Jomalo

Reaction score
How do I see the mpg in the lr4? I have not found the settings for it yet..

Thanks!

Sidenote, drove "Maggie" (named our car after the iron lady) to Boston from NYC - 3/4 tank up and less than 1/2 on the way back. Not sure what to make of that? :) 2 different drivers, and you'd be surprised to find out who's got the lead foot amongst us.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I see the mpg in the lr4? I have not found the settings for it yet..

Thanks!

Sidenote, drove "Maggie" (named our car after the iron lady) to Boston from NYC - 3/4 tank up and less than 1/2 on the way back. Not sure what to make of that? :) 2 different drivers, and you'd be surprised to find out who's got the lead foot amongst us.

You will find a button at the tip of the turn signal lever. Press it and you'll scroll through a few bits of info (mpg being one of them).

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First tank, 10% highway 30% country roads, the rest in city-like driving. Fairly easy on the gas but not grandma-like. Averaging 14.5mpg. Pretty happy with that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99