Rear Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in a minor Fender Bender (minor to me, but the little acura TSX didnt come out well) Anyway, I was wondering if it is easy to replace the Driverside Rear Fender flare yourself...if and when I can buy one (anyone know where beside the LR dealer)

Also, does anyone know if you can buy painted ones if I give someoen my VIN or the color name? I may swap out all 4 to match my 2005, Adriatic Blue SE7

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer about the hit. The flares aren't that bad to replace.
The 2009 flare service parts come in primered, so you get to have them painted to match. Your local dealer ought to be able to order them up, and then you'll need to have them shot.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price your dealer's cost, but try internet discount sources for OEM parts or dealers advertising in car mags that discount. Audi parts are commonly available for 15% over dealer's cost (not under retail). I have not tried LR.
I can offer to use my "courtesy dealer's discount" once you get the local quote and see if it saves you money from my store(s) here, but then there's a bit of shipping on top for you.
BTW, cheaper if you get pre-2009, I would guess!

Hollywood619

Reaction score
PM me your email and I can send you instructions for the removal.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, cheaper if you get pre-2009, I would guess!
Amazingly, the grained 2008 and lower moldings are more than the paint-to-match 2009 and up. The 2009 and up are ~50% or so.
BTW if you meant get 2008 and lower moldings and have them painted, we have seen that before and after all the prep of buffing the texture and all the prep, it didn't work out well in appearance and durability.
The other thing to watch out for if you do this changeover, is that instead two pieces @ the rear, one from the front of the rear door and up to the opening, and then another from the opening back, there are now 4 pieces. The sill molding, a transition piece, a piece on the door to the opening and then from the opening back. Maybe the reduction of price is made up in volume.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4