Rear sway bar endlink removal help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chasing down a loose right rear end, that bounces and pulls right after hitting a bump at speed....one of the parts I want to replace is the rear sway bar end link.

Attempted to do it yesterday and cannot get a the upper nut off of the link, where it connects to the sway bar. It is in an awkward place between the upper/lower arms and cannot get any good leverage on it.

Any suggestions?

if anyone cares, I have a feeling its a bad strut.
although it looks new, there is no branding and I cant help but feel it was cheaply made replacement.
the upper and lower arms are OEM and new(er); there does not seem to be any play in the bushings.
I replaced the sway bar bushing already.
only thing left is the shock after this, but i figured ill change the cheaper parts first, just to be sure.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following up on my own post...

while I never did replace the sway bar end link. I replaced the air strut on the offending corner. I gambled and replaced it with a used LR4 OEM strut with a mid 2018 manufacture date. took about 1 hour including cleanup, using the IID tool for deflation and re-engaging the EAS.

The strut I removed had no date sticker or branding on the air bag part, but had "Land Rover" embossed on the shock. Makes me think that the old strut was an off-brand re-manufactured unit that re-used an original shock.

Amazing how much better the car drives now.
I also made some minor adjustments to both of the lower hatch latches, and the one upper hatch latch.

No more squirelly feeling after hitting bumps, and the ride is near silent since there is no more hatch squeaks.

Every time i drive this car I cant believe how after 140k miles it is still as good as it is. Luxurious ride, great off-road ability, and ALL features work. Ive been in other cars with half the mileage that look and feel twice as used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV