Rear view mirror dimmer, Cant stand it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles123

Reaction score
Title says it all.
I have an '09 LR3 and the rear view mirror automatically dims and darkens at night. I like to SEE in my mirror, and when it dims you can't see a thing.
Drives me crazy.

Is there a way to shut this off? There are 3 buttons there, but none of them seem to do anything. :mad:

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe pull the fuse? If it's on its own circuit. Those buttons on the bottom is the Homelink, for opening/closing garage doors.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you can shut it off on the mirror. There does not seem to be a way to disable it through the computer.

ddvelin

Reaction score
The two buttons on the far right of the rear view mirror are supposed to turn off/on the auto-dim feature. unfortunately, it defaults back on next time you start the car, so you'll have to shut it off manually every time (unless you want to go the fuse route).

Earing2008

Reaction score
Perhaps a small piece of tap over the light sensor? Definately not the prettiest but it would get the job done. If theres a fuse for just the mirror than that would look nicer :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink